Technical Car stuck on neutral

Currently reading:
Technical Car stuck on neutral

madelinekaka

Hi.
after a month, when the car was standing with the battery disconnected, a red symbol appeared on the dashboard, indicating a gearbox error. (fiat 500, 2008, 1.4 dualogic). The car was running fine before the battery was disconnected, the gears shifted smoothly. now after starting the car, it does not change gears and the gearbox remains in neutral. MES shows
P1741-11 - Gear sensor
P1742-11 - Selection sensor
P1744-14 - Hydraulic circuit pressure sensor
P1743-15 - Clutch sensor

clutch wear indicator shows -3350
hydraulic system pressure 50bar
clutch pressure plate stroke 17,390mm

maybe someone had a similar problem and is able to suggest how to solve this problem?

I know nothing about the workings of the box but would
1 Check battery voltage is strong around 12.8v ?
2 Disconnect the battery again and then reconnect after 15 mins and see if this causes a reset
If this doesnt bring it to life you probably need MES or a diagnostic system to force a reset. It sounds like electrical / sofware if it was working before.

My mechanican do this things. We disconnected battery for night. Battery shows good results. He remove mistakes and they back. Car still stuck at neutral. 😭

My mechanican do this things. We disconnected battery for night. Battery shows good results. He remove mistakes and they back. Car still stuck at neutral. 😭
I think you need MES which will look deep enough into the computer tom identify whats at issue. If it was working and its got hydraulic pressure it must be software related or an actuator. If you can see where there are solenoid I would next go round each and tap it and see i this does the trick sometimes these things stick. Its a free thing so worth trying. It certianly wont be all those sensors all worng at the same. I would also ring a dealer and ask. Sometimes they do help. Im suprised you havnt yet had more rsponses but with luck someone else will make some better suggestions.

I would also look at the clutch and try and move the release pivot and see if this does anything. IT sounds like soemhting out of position just enough to cause an issue. Clutch may be the easiest to get to to prod it.

I think you need MES which will look deep enough into the computer tom identify whats at issue. If it was working and its got hydraulic pressure it must be software related or an actuator. If you can see where there are solenoid I would next go round each and tap it and see i this does the trick sometimes these things stick. Its a free thing so worth trying. It certianly wont be all those sensors all worng at the same. I would also ring a dealer and ask. Sometimes they do help. Im suprised you havnt yet had more rsponses but with luck someone else will make some better suggestions.

I would also look at the clutch and try and move the release pivot and see if this does anything. IT sounds like soemhting out of position just enough to cause an issue. Clutch may be the easiest to get to to prod it.
Have you tried running all the actuators with MES in the gearbox module. Maybe by calling all the solenoids to work with MES will affect something?

Yes, the problem has been resolved at the Fiat service, after two weeks of additional diagnostics. (The car has visited many garages, where I have heard all sorts of diagnoses). It's strange, but I still believed it was a small thing and refused to fix it in all of them. I also spent a lot of time looking for possible damage. In the end, the problem wasnt in the gearbox, but in the damaged wires and the pin connector (I've seen an irregularity, but every mechanic told me that it's completely normal and there's no need to replace this pin) which were damaged by rodents. This caused a lot of errors and short circuits and that made the car go crazy. diagnostics and searching for the cause of problem turned out to be very expensive and difficult to find, because the measurements with a multimeter didnt show any abnormalities. The rest of the "mechanics" used only a multimeter, didt inspect the wires visually. The service took care of disassembling the car and checking every single wire to finally find the problem.

Yes, the problem has been resolved at the Fiat service, after two weeks of additional diagnostics. (The car has visited many garages, where I have heard all sorts of diagnoses). It's strange, but I still believed it was a small thing and refused to fix it in all of them. I also spent a lot of time looking for possible damage. In the end, the problem wasnt in the gearbox, but in the damaged wires and the pin connector (I've seen an irregularity, but every mechanic told me that it's completely normal and there's no need to replace this pin) which were damaged by rodents. This caused a lot of errors and short circuits and that made the car go crazy. diagnostics and searching for the cause of problem turned out to be very expensive and difficult to find, because the measurements with a multimeter didnt show any abnormalities. The rest of the "mechanics" used only a multimeter, didt inspect the wires visually. The service took care of disassembling the car and checking every single wire to finally find the problem.
wow bit of a journey for you! your not the only owner to have rodent damage! one who had to park in woodland even went as far as getting an ultra-sonic device to keep them away! glad yours is sorted shame about the bank balance though!:cry:

Back