Tuning Cant stop myself any longer.

Currently reading:
Tuning Cant stop myself any longer.

there are analogue dials to adjust the boost in 3 hp increments
check out the weblink i gave you

Yeah I've been on it, just can't find any info other than how to install it.

OP do you have T/Mjet? What sort of power would you get mapping/TMC'ing a tjet 150?

p.s if you want a bad gearbox try the GPs lol (not the m32 one). EVERYTHING is difficult. :(
It's a 150mjet

there are analogue dials to adjust the boost in 3 hp increments

check out the weblink i gave you

A friend of mine has a TMC box on his Skoda Fabia vRS 1.4 TSI. There are 9 settings he can choose from, and funnily enough the highest number isn't the best performer.

On a rolling road, his car produced it's best power graph on number 7!

If the T-Jet 150 Bravo is fitted with a different gearbox then ignore my cautiousness, but if it's got an M32 box, it'll have problems.

In response to the comments saying 'I've been/I know someone who's been running 3000bhp for 100 years and had no issues', as you'll see above, I said 'T-Jet 150', which was the engine I believed was fitted to the OPs car.

It's only now it's become apparent that it's the Multijet 150 in question. I'm less certain of the gearbox fitted to this car but (unlike the T-Jet 150) I've never seen anything to suggest the M32 box is used. This might mean a remap is less of a problem & would explain why others have had no bother running higher bhp. That said, if the car does have an M32 box, I stand wholly by my previous comments - they're trouble.

It's still not something I'd do - you only have to look at the Grande Punto section to see the can of worms it can open if done by the wrong place or driven by the wrong driver - but it's up to individuals to spend money how they wanna spend their money.

I'd say it is very likely that the Bravo 6 speed gearbox is the M32. The M32 is rated to 320Nm and is used in a wide range of Bravo-era Fiats and Alfas.

http://www.noc.ua/pdfs/snr-racatbvemb-en.pdf

The failures of these boxes (and yes - they fail a lot) doesn't seem to be related to the power they are subject to - but the will of the gods. The issue is the top shaft end bearing has insufficient lubrication, and collapses. What causes this poor lubrication I don't know as I don't understand the path that oil is presented to the bearings.

The second GM influenced part I'd be concerned about is the driveshafts - but perhaps with Fiat hubs the Bravo could be safe.

hmmm I don't see the Bravo II(198), I am currently running 319nm through my Petrol 6 Speed gear box with no issues, and I plan to put some more through it so I will let you know how it goes when I do it :p

hmmm I don't see the Bravo II(198), I am currently running 319nm through my Petrol 6 Speed gear box with no issues, and I plan to put some more through it so I will let you know how it goes when I do it :p

Just turn the music up, you'll miss the big badaboom as it explodes then :p

But in fairness although you put your foot down and use the power, you're not the sort to wheel spin and dump the clutch, not sure if this has a factor also?

I'd say it is very likely that the Bravo 6 speed gearbox is the M32. The M32 is rated to 320Nm and is used in a wide range of Bravo-era Fiats and Alfas.

http://www.noc.ua/pdfs/snr-racatbvemb-en.pdf

The failures of these boxes (and yes - they fail a lot) doesn't seem to be related to the power they are subject to - but the will of the gods. The issue is the top shaft end bearing has insufficient lubrication, and collapses. What causes this poor lubrication I don't know as I don't understand the path that oil is presented to the bearings.

The second GM influenced part I'd be concerned about is the driveshafts - but perhaps with Fiat hubs the Bravo could be safe.

Unfortunately it's certainly put me off my Bravo. I have eight months warranty left with the dealer, I don't know if they will sort the gearbox in that time otherwise I'm left with a big bill if I don't get rid of it. Even if they do sort it, will the gearbox have to come out again in a couple of years for another repair?

Unfortunately it's certainly put me off my Bravo. I have eight months warranty left with the dealer, I don't know if they will sort the gearbox in that time otherwise I'm left with a big bill if I don't get rid of it. Even if they do sort it, will the gearbox have to come out again in a couple of years for another repair?

Your worrying about things that have not happened. The failure rate is going to be low when you consider the number of that type of gearbox that are installed on GM and Fiats.

Yeah I don't do stupid things with my car, I just accelerate hard as per normal. Saying that, I am looking for a replace gearbox that will be able to easily cope with the power increase, you know just incase.

Anyone know really mechanical know what other boxes could fit? :p

Yeah I don't do stupid things with my car, I just accelerate hard as per normal. Saying that, I am looking for a replace gearbox that will be able to easily cope with the power increase, you know just incase.

Anyone know really mechanical know what other boxes could fit? :p

There is a garage specializing in replacing M32 gearboxes with 5 speed versions. I've seen them mentioned a few times on various Vauxhall forums.

It's already whining in 5th and 6th.

That means the bearings are already dry, and wearing out. Don't wait till it fails or your warranty expires. Get the garage to confirm in writing that there is a noise coming from the gearbox if they won't open it up to replace the bearings now.

High quality expensive gearbox oil is supposed to help. I remember a guy in the GP section had a box whining its tits off who got some good results.

Luckily I've just had my M32 professionally refurbished by my warranty even though it wasn't needed (It was the DMF at fault :D)

That means the bearings are already dry, and wearing out. Don't wait till it fails or your warranty expires. Get the garage to confirm in writing that there is a noise coming from the gearbox if they won't open it up to replace the bearings now.

I've taken it back to the dealer, they've said it's not loud enough to pinpoint where exactly it's coming from so they want me to take it back when it's noisier (when the gearbox is fubar). The problem is, will it be loud enough before the warranty runs out. I want to like the car but it's always at the back of my mind.

I've taken it back to the dealer, they've said it's not loud enough to pinpoint where exactly it's coming from so they want me to take it back when it's noisier (when the gearbox is fubar). The problem is, will it be loud enough before the warranty runs out. I want to like the car but it's always at the back of my mind.

What?! I.e bring it back when your warranty expires you mean? I'd request to take one of their techs out, demonstrate the noise and demand it be fixed under warranty or you'll be taking them to small claims court for refusing to repair under warranty.

I took two of their mechanics out, one could hear it, the other couldn't as it was very faint. I've become 'tuned' to it and can clearly hear it, in 5th and 6th it could only be heard when you touched the throttle although I can hear it off the throttle in 5th and 6th now. It is slowly getting louder. The first 4 gears are silent.

No, got to take it back when it gets worse (probably when a few teeth and damaged).

Back