Technical Camshaft part numbers

Currently reading:
Technical Camshaft part numbers

Hi S130 , thank you for your reply.

So would I be correct to say if I have different numbers on my cams such as 551 and 1213 they are different. Only my surprise is that I was sold 2.0 ltr Alfa TS cams and only noticed now that my original 1995 B cams have the same part numbers on them .

I was under the impression the 2.0 ltr Alfa cams gave a little more power . Could it be the case that the first production Barchetta had these higher lift cams fitted hence the more power they were said to have 138bhp .

Anyhow Im having some more tuning and work to my cylinder head and the valves recut and refitted the 2.0 ltr cams .

Attachments

• IMG_0925.jpeg
    IMG_0925.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0917.jpeg
    IMG_0917.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0918.jpeg
    IMG_0918.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0967.jpeg
    IMG_0967.jpeg
    63.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0966.png
    IMG_0966.png
    232.9 KB · Views: 6
OK I'm no expert on "B" cams and tuning.

If you spend a little time with ePER you can (starting on the Barchetta link I gave) click a cam part number and it will expand the info on another page. There you will find "More Details" which shows which cars it was/is used in and also a "Replaced - Replacing" P/Ns and date. You can follow the previous/replaced P/N and then do "More Details" again

I can see that the "B" cams were also used in a Lancia 2.0, Coupe 2.0 as well as Alfa 1750 plus many other Fiat cars so it appears they are quite common parts for different engine sizes.

I can't be exact or specific because I'm time constrained at the moment. What you could do is tackle the hunt in reverse. Use eEPR to looks at the cams in a chosen Alfa 2.0 car/engine and see where with more details that takes you to.

Reactions: KC3
Back