General Buzzing Noise from Fuel filler area RHD 2004 Multipla

Currently reading:
General Buzzing Noise from Fuel filler area RHD 2004 Multipla

sjc123456789

Afternoon all.

Wonder if someone else has had a similar problem and could possible shed some light for me?

I've a 2004 Multipla and I'm getting a strange buzzing noise from the fuel filler flap area of the car while the ignition is on / when driving.

It doesn't appear to be coming from any of the running gear, just the fuel filler area. Is there some kind of central locking / vacuum pump / solenoid or relay in that area?

many thanks in anticipation.

Simon.

Have the same problem on my 2002 model. Would be very interested in a solution for this annoying noise.

Strange question but does it sound more like a moo than a buzz?
Some Alfas suffered with a seal going on the cap and it causes it to moo :D mine does it once parked up after a couple of minutes.

:D My old uglybug used to moo! And an uglybug at ASSOAP Mooed constantly. Absolutely brilliant, it was. MOOOOOO! :D

Mine's a 56 plate and it MOOO,S too ! Will this eventually cause any problems or is it just something to have to put up with.

To be honest i cannot fully remember what the cause is, its either the seal in the fuel cap or the vent on the tank.
I dont think any ill will come of it

My JTD Multipla does the cow noise when it is parked. My wife thinks its funny.

Is it ?

- the Solenoid for the central locking sticking, my multi do not have a locking flap, but I've had this on Citroen vehicles where the solenoid actuator buzzes when it can't fully retract ?

just bought my multipla been a mechanic for 45 years never heard a car mooooo untill i stood by the car with my wife and it let out a moo searched everywhere wife swore it must be an animal trapped under the car as our caravan was next to it she said it may be a wild animal trapped in our caravan made me check it out never laughed so much yes fiats are fun cars in a strange sort of way:)

Back