Styling Bumper stripes.

Currently reading:
Styling Bumper stripes.

th130

Hi guys i am after the red stripes fro bumpers and sideskirts (three door sedici) but assume they are the same as 5 dr.

They are no longer available from fiat so am hoping someone can help out via there local fiat dealership as here in New Zealand none in stock.

I have access to uk bank account so can pay easily enough if someone could help me finish the sedici turbo.

hi

those stripes may look red, but they are actually orange. golf 3 gti has red ones lol...

3dr and 5dr sedicis have the same bumper stripes, but 3dr sedici has sideskirts made out of 1 piece, while 5dr has those made out of 2, so those are different... heres a pic that shows it, hope it helps.

btw here in croatia those original stripes are pretty expensive, so ppl often buy some other rubber stripes and paint them in orange...

forgot the pic :)

Fiat_Tipo_Sedicivalvole.jpg

no they are Red when they are new I can tell you that having a new one on the front of mine. No you cant get them so you'll have to paint them.

hmm, i've checked at the local dealer, and the guy confirmed me that those stripes are orange... also, the pic i posted earlier shows a new sedicivalvole, and the stripe is orange too, so i'm 99,99% sure that they are not red... unless it depends on a model year, country, etc...

Hello Tipo 4 life,

I am afraid to say that Rich is right. On both 3 door and 5 door models the stripes were always orange on ALL cars from new. The problem was that literally within weeks they would fade to orange. Your dealer must have old stock on the shelf that have faded. If I peel back the clips holding the stripes on my car you can still just see the origional red.

As to the picture.....very cool car......but then again I would say that as IT IS MY CAR!!!! The picture was actually taken at the Classic Car show 2 years ago and I am very chuffed that you thought my almost 20 year old car was a new one!!!

As to getting stripes to New Zealand - I have somewhere some old but complete stripes in a very tastfull orange but I think the problem will be wrapping them to get them out to NZ with out damage - almost impossible I would guess as they are very brittle and flimsy. If it was me I would paint the old ones or use something else available locally.

CHEERS MIKE

hi, mike...

i have read somewhere that the car on the picture was a showroom model, so i thought it was new... and let's be honest - it DOES look like new. the wheels, the paint... even the tyres look like they were never used. great car, it's almost perfect (i prefer red sedici's :D)

about the stripes... yesterday i would've swore they were originally orange... well, u learn something every day... i apologize for my ignorance :bang:

Hi T4L,

No problems - to be honest orange was the norm on all the cars after a very short time in the sun.

Thanks for the kind comments regarding my car. It will be 20 in November next year, I am in my 9th year of ownership and it has 117000 miles on the clock. It is completely origional apart from the Recaro interior that came out of a scrapper (Richard Portsmouth's old car Rich if you are reading this!) but I have the origional standard seats if I ever want to change back.

I agree that the red cars look good - I have owned one and so has my son, both 5 doors - But for me I had to have black as it reminded me of the big poster I first saw in a Fiat Showrom back in 1991 where a black 16v is shown in part silhouette. You sometimes see the brochure with this pic on it on E/bay.

CHEERS MIKE$

and what about the "sedicivalvole" amblem at the back and those 2 little stripes on the steering wheel... were those also red originally? mine are orange both

btw i am trying to acquire recaros for my sedici, but the guy that has them still needs some persuasion to give them away :). love those seats

If you look at the stripes up close where they end, you'll see the end clips are still red as they're made from a different plastic to the stripe.

:)

yeah, i've noticed that the color is a bit different, darker, but those clips are still orange on my car, lol... i dont mind, i like it better than red :p

Thanks guys, but bugger. Def red as is rear sedicivalvole badge (which i have just put a new one on the tipo).

The worst thing is the shrinking of the stripes so that there is a gap between stripe and end piece. Will repaint and machine longer end piees i think.

Back