Styling bucket seats (makes and ebay)

Currently reading:
Styling bucket seats (makes and ebay)

just off the top of my head, total costs involved are approx:
£5 per steel bar x 2 = £10
£5 sheet metal x 1 = £5
£5 steel flat x 2 = £10
£20 labour x 2 = £40

approx £65-70 on top of the price of the seats.

Last edited:
does help when you've got offcuts and bits of metal laying around dont it :) .. i had a clearout before we moved out a year or so ago (gutted now!)

meh, im happy with my cheapo seats atm, just working on getting the original runners to work is a bit of a pain, but once its been done, i can then bolt any seat on top so there we go

Good work mate, ive got some coupe Leather interior for mine now and they look like they will fit very well indeed.
coupe2.jpg

coupe3.jpg

Not fitted permantly yet, work to do.

i approve ;) looking good, i dont know if i pointed out but another reason to use originals but modify them was because of the height of original seats - we all have to agree sitting that high up in ANY car is not good.. the lower you sit the more road feel you get and the better the feel of the handling suspension etc etc..
good luck dude

heh thats a much better idea than spending all your hard earned!

anyway so making _slow_ progress im afraid,
next pic is of seat with mounts bolted into seat - also shows the "runners" which are to be welded in place tomorrow - i can then sit in them and drive the car to get an MOT! woop woop!

i will let all know how well mounted the seat is and how it slides shortly (to be continued):eek:(y)

Attachments

• DSCF2134.JPG
    DSCF2134.JPG
    961.5 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF2141.JPG
    DSCF2141.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
if it wasn't for my crazy foreign neighbour im sure i'd of given up by now, everytime he see's me outside doing something i get a "ah, my friend, slowly slowly you will get there in end" which is nice !

still hunting for a sunroof seal/sunroof, then i need a door, i've got rear arch repair panels sat here waiting to go on, i need a o/s/f door seal.

So the list is reducing ;)

Ok so runners now welded in place, carpet cut to fit, carpet refitted(makes it look like a car again!) and one seat is in place and i have to say is nice and sturdy.. and comfy.. and makes me just want to drive her/it again..

boring pics again and im sure people sick of this thread but there is method in my madness i hope this shows.

Attachments

• DSCF2143.JPG
    DSCF2143.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 18
  • DSCF2144.JPG
    DSCF2144.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 15
last picture for this thread i think!

it's been a mission, but that's what owning an old(er) car is all about! :D

Attachments

• DSCF2148.JPG
    DSCF2148.JPG
    1,019.4 KB · Views: 38
Literally just come accross this thread. Mine were the Corbeau jobs that you were originally going to bid on. Shame really because they were top seats and I seriously considered transfering them to my new Panda.

You've put a lot of hard work into this job and that's really admirable and they look good in! Hope they serve you well, what's the quality like?

they're ok actually, i won't say they are perfect because some of the stitching isn't brilliant, and the runners that came with them weren't really worth being bolted on as only one side would lock into place...
Like i said if in the future they wear badly or i get bored my options are now open to anything with some small adjustments!

Well done chap they look great and all that hard work has payed off big time, best get my coupe leather installed now then!

look forward to seeing your solution to the 'problem', i suppose it depends if you want to have them "slideable" or not doesnt it..
I'll admit i've driven it again, and i fell in love, well i dont know if thats the word, but it deffinately puts a smile on your face!

one more attached while its sat in the garage being welded :yum:

Attachments

• DSCF2267.JPG
    DSCF2267.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 14
Back