Technical Broken dipstick

Currently reading:
Technical Broken dipstick

Hi , just bought a 500 L pop star 1.4 petrol ( 93bhp i think ) and the dipstick is broken , snapped off about 7 inches down from the finger loop . Ive taken the dipstick tube off to see if the bottom section is there to fish out but nothing . Bought a dipstick and tube off ebay but its not the same . However , i poked the ebay dipstick right down the tube and no resistance so i reckon the broken bottom section must have just sunk to the bottom of the sump . Im happy to leave that until the next oil change but would like to replace the dipstick for checking .
My question is , would anyone with a 500L 1.4 petrol be able to take out their dipstick and measure it ? ( no thats not a euphemism !😳)
Ive seen lots online at reasonable prices ( ie , not main dealer) but they vary in size and of course its got to be the exact one . Cheers tony

Hi :)

Apparently the 1.4 FIRE motor is commonly breaking dipsticks

The punto section sees quite a lot of this..

What colour is the plastic handle on your original?

Other posts suggest that a 1248cc diesel might have a Yellow handle and dipstic in 48cm long.
Cheers , the handle is off white , think i might have to try the dealers and quote the engine no. Thanks tony

Back