General Bravo!

Currently reading:
General Bravo!

No its completely fine, other than the linkages freezing solid when its really cold! Was just curious tbh.

They don't do that anymore, I had mine replaced when it was just a few months old to what were apparently updated parts.

I was told it didn't... I don't know much about gearboxes so don't take my word for it!

Is the M32 box the GM one?

If so, I was told it wasn't in the 2.0... can anyone confirm this?

I'm hoping it isn't anyway as it sounds terrible?!

Sorry mate, haven't got a clue if its in the 2 litre. It is a GM box though yes. Yes it's a bag of crap, or box of crap anyway.

Phil.

Sorry mate, haven't got a clue if its in the 2 litre. It is a GM box though yes. Yes it's a bag of crap, or box of crap anyway.

Phil.

Lol, it would be fine if it didn't whine! I've read it's used in the Astra VXR so I take it, it can put up with more torque than any of the Bravos (even modded) can give it.

Just did a quick google search and someone in the Punto forum on here said that the ePer states that the 2.0 uses an F40 gearbox.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_F40

I'd assume the 1.6 is the same then, as its the same block as the 2.0 with a different bore.

Whoop Whoop, I should be ok then (he says touching wood).

How the f, do they get a price like that? That's 20% of a brand new car for gods sake.

But in bulk all delivery to one place they work out a lot cheaper. Probably sitting on a shelf in Spain or somewhere.

Might be worth pricing one up from Vauxhall for a laugh though, see if its cheaper or more expensive lol.

Right Colin, just come off the phone from Fiat, gave them my reg number which is the same engine and box as yours. Yes IT IS the M32 box, it is a GM part and to replace from Fiat would set you back a mere £3118+vat.
So now we know. Lol

This is well confusing, which model are you talking about here?

Maybe this thread could end with a detailed list of each model and gearbox?

Wow Phil you've been busy lol
Think I would just be going to a warranty company that's advertising on tv and waiting a couple of months then putting in a wee claim :p:rolleyes:

To the best of my knowledge there are 3 different engines (block) available, 1 petrol and 2 DERV (within the UK).

1.4 Petrol (90, 120 & 150 BHP)
1.6 DERV (105 & 120 BHP)
1.9 DERV (120 & 150 BHP)
2.0 DERV (165 BHP)

The 1.6 & 2.0 are the same block, just a different bore. Engines have different power outputs which are turbo and map linked I believe.

I'd assume each engine (3) probably use the same gearbox, regardless of the power output. I'd also assume that all 1.4 engines use the M32 box based on previous comments, and that the same applies to the 1.9 also, as its the same engine fitted in the Grande Punto Sporting I believe, and these all seem to have M32 boxes.

The question is does the 1.6/2.0 DERV engine also have the M32 box.

Just to add a spanner to the works, the automatic (dualogic) Bravo was only available with the 120 BHP engine, in petrol or DERV. This is 1.4, 1.6 (which I've got) and I assume 1.9 for the earlier Diesel Dualogic's.

Dualogic is basically a hydraulically actuated manual box, so its not impossible for it to be the same gearbox (M32) as the majority of manuals, but the question remains that if this is the same engine, why didn't they offer the Dualogic in all other engine power outputs.

Possibly I'm looking to deep into this, but I doubt its common for many variations :confused:

To the best of my knowledge there are 3 different engines (block) available, 1 petrol and 2 DERV (within the UK).

1.4 Petrol (90, 120 & 150 BHP)
1.6 DERV (105 & 120 BHP)
1.9 DERV (120 & 150 BHP)
2.0 DERV (165 BHP)

The 1.6 & 2.0 are the same block, just a different bore. Engines have different power outputs which are turbo and map linked I believe.

I'd assume each engine (3) probably use the same gearbox, regardless of the power output. I'd also assume that all 1.4 engines use the M32 box based on previous comments, and that the same applies to the 1.9 also, as its the same engine fitted in the Grande Punto Sporting I believe, and these all seem to have M32 boxes.

The question is does the 1.6/2.0 DERV engine also have the M32 box.

Just to add a spanner to the works, the automatic (dualogic) Bravo was only available with the 120 BHP engine, in petrol or DERV. This is 1.4, 1.6 (which I've got) and I assume 1.9 for the earlier Diesel Dualogic's.

Dualogic is basically a hydraulically actuated manual box, so its not impossible for it to be the same gearbox (M32) as the majority of manuals, but the question remains that if this is the same engine, why didn't they offer the Dualogic in all other engine power outputs.

Possibly I'm looking to deep into this, but I doubt its common for many variations :confused:

You're either one very clever chap, or you been doing a lot of research. That said, I still need my gear box repairing. Lol.
MEP, what you driving anyway, other than your classic?

Back