Technical Bravo T-Jet ABS/EBC/ASR/Hill holder failure

Currently reading:
Technical Bravo T-Jet ABS/EBC/ASR/Hill holder failure

MatiasH

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone here has a clue what's wrong with my '08 Bravo T-Jet Sport. I was driving home earlier today, braked slightly and the ABS system made a little ticking noise (just like when braking on ice). That seemed weird so I decided to brake harder and the on-board computer claimed there's an abs,ebs, asr and hill holder failure. Any of them doesn't seem to be working. I have now experienced my very first dash warning light.

I'm thinking it must be the ABS Sensor? Should I change the sensor? Any other thoughts about what's wrong?

Regards,
Matias

Is the fault constant or intermittent? Do you have ABS right now? Does the car start cleanly or does it struggle?

I've experienced that fault every time the battery's been disconnected, so it's some module losing its memory and having to re-learn due to low- or no-voltage, but not while driving. If it has remained not working I'd say it's either a sensor failure or a sensor disconnected, or a battery/alternator fault. Connect up MultiECUscan and see if anything looks off, especially with the voltages at the sensors and any error codes, and check the ABS sensors and where they connect to the fuse box connection to see if they're visibly damaged, corroded or disconnected.

Thanks for your answer and sorry that I didn't reply when I first read that!

I took my bravo to the nearest workshop and they read the fault codes via OBD. Fortunately it turned out to be just a sensor failure. I've got to change the rear left abs sensor and it should be all good then. :D

Last edited:
Glad all is sorted now. Mine did the same when the temp sensor was a bit wonky

Back