Tuning Bravo sport 165

Currently reading:
Tuning Bravo sport 165

I have a fiat bravo 165 sport on a 59 plate, its quite nippy how it is, but i want to look about getting more power / torque.
What would be better for it ? a remap or a chip box ? I have also been thinking about getting a new air filter and de-catting.

If i were to De-cat / new air filter / remap.. will i need to up my drive shafts or clutch ?

Decatting will result in an instant MOT fail.

I would change this back when its MOT time.

Why would an engine swap be cheaper ? i think for about £400 - £500 i could get a remap, decat and air filter surely cheaper than a new engine ?

Just wondering as i know remapping will take it to about 200bhp and with an air filter and de-cat would be a little higher ? dont want the clutch and drive shafts taking too much strain

I was thinking 1.6 petrol. Ergo, stick in something like a Alfa 155 or Coupe lump.

Deisels are not something I hope to ever have in a car. Fine in a truck, though.

Someone else here doesn't think you're a troll because you have a lot of posts, but I don't think those two things are mutually exclusive.

In other words, you don't know what you're talking about and you're really not helping the OP.

I have a fiat bravo 165 sport on a 59 plate, its quite nippy how it is, but i want to look about getting more power / torque.
What would be better for it ? a remap or a chip box ? I have also been thinking about getting a new air filter and de-catting.

If i were to De-cat / new air filter / remap.. will i need to up my drive shafts or clutch ?

Get a remap, it's the best investment you can do on a diesel, you get more power, better response from the engine and also better fuel economy.

It's also worth checking how to get rid of the DPF but it's not an easy task and probably best to get it done by the people doing the remap so they can tell the ECU to stop looking for it.

Another instant boost to performance is cleaning up or blocking the EGR valve.

If you're rich, you can get a sport clutch and a better gearbox.

Last edited:
I was thinking 1.6 petrol. Ergo, stick in something like a Alfa 155 or Coupe lump.

Deisels are not something I hope to ever have in a car. Fine in a truck, though.

I had a 130bhp HGT punto before this bravo, and i can say having a diesel with almost same power, this can drive the same speeds and such but for less tax, more MPG, less insurance.. so its a win win situation :D

Get a remap, it's the best investment you can do on a diesel, you get more power, better response from the engine and also better fuel economy.

It's also worth checking how to get rid of the DPF but it's not an easy task and probably best to get it done by the people doing the remap so they can tell the ECU to stop looking for it.

Another instant boost to performance is cleaning up or blocking the EGR valve.

If you're rich, you can get a sport clutch and a better gearbox.

If i had to get a better clutch and stuff i would start looking into it.
i will start looking into the REMAP once i have a new air filter just to get that few extra BHP from the remap :p

Someone else here doesn't think you're a troll because you have a lot of posts, but I don't think those two things are mutually exclusive.

In other words, you don't know what you're talking about and you're really not helping the OP.

I realise that at around post #4, as soon as I get the clue that it's a diesel. I don't like diesels, I don't do diesels, I don't care about diesels.

It's now post 14 -- what are you still whittering on about it for? Troll yourself! :p

Last edited:
Back