General Bravo dipped headlights

Currently reading:
General Bravo dipped headlights

BravoMjet150Pembs

Does anyone else think the dipped lights are not very good? Any ideas how to improve? Not looking to add HID

There's not much you can do other than HID. Some people will advise you to get more powerful bulbs but be aware that they can fry your wiring and melt your headlights in worse case scenarios.

The bravo has projectors which are perfect for HID and not so good with halogen bulbs.

Alternative to Philips Xtreme would be Osram Nightbreaker Plus, or Silverstar 2.0. Just putting Silverstar into my Panda, but won't know the results until it gets dark.

Both Philips Xtreme and Nightbreaker are brighter, but with this comes a shorter life. Silverstar look like a good compromise between extra light and reasonable life.

Keep lights and windows clean. Especially the inside of the windscreen, which is often overlooked. This collects greyish goo and cleaning it well can make a good difference to night visibility.

Some people will advise you to get more powerful bulbs but be aware that they can fry your wiring and melt your headlights in worse case scenarios.

Only if you use higher wattage.

Op Using uprated Xenon bulbs such as Osram Night breaker Plus and the like would be best in UK as legal, but HIDs you'd probably get away with

At my last MOT test I got my monkey adjusted the lights to a within gnats cock of being illegal.
A bit of an improvement, but I hope the rear tyres don't wear down too much. :D

Still thinking about better bulbs.

Oooohhh. Not sure about the indicator position.
http://www.carparts-tuning.co.uk/Lighting-Tuning/Headlight/Headlight-Daylight-Set-suitable-for-Fiat-Bravo-type-198-yr-07-chrome.html

daylight_scheinwerfer_fiat_bravo_fk_fkfsfi12003.jpg

Beware, neither of the above are specifically listed for RHD! Some projectors have a facility to rotate the whole bulb holder to change from left dip to right dip, but these look doubtful.
The FK website has a listing down the left with an option for RHD, with only 2 Fiat units listed. Not a good idea to spend that sort of money and find they can't be used.

Slightly off topic, bit i tried to fit HID's to the bravo to overcome the poor lighting issue. I experienced problems with one lamp going out after a short while. The problem occurred on the off side and persisted even when lamps and ballast were swapped from the near side. Have now put standard (dim!)bulbs back in. Anyone experienced the same?

Bit the bullet. I need to replace a brake light bulb, so ordered all sorts:

3W LED anti-canbus error sidelight bulbs. 106 Lumens - standard bulb = 50 Lumens. ultraleds
There are brighter models, but these can't be used due to the close proximity to the H1 (they could melt due to the heat from the H1).

Osram Nightbreaker Plus H1

Philips Vision Plus 21/5W stop/tail. powerbulbs

I've ordered 2 sets of the H1, but I don't have a problem with main bean, so may keep them as spares.

Last edited:
Back