General Bravo 150 TJET Sport

Currently reading:
General Bravo 150 TJET Sport

Magic Johnson

1.4 16v Nissan Note Visia
Considering one of these as the wife is complaining about 3 doors and a child.

I wanted to keep my GP as it's so cheap I'm sure it's making me a profit (lol), but she's adamant about 5 doors. Fine, I can understand that now we're in to worse weather as we got absolutely drenched the other day trying to getting the little one in to the car, then mum in the back.

Fine, so the compromise is something I can enjoy and looks half-decent. Come insurance renewal time we will sell this privately and look for a new car, probably privately again.

My budget is 5k. Requirements are:

5 doors and spacious
Fast(ish)
Has to be petrol
Won't cost the earth to run
Decent looking

The Bravo 150 TJET Sport fits all of these, all be it not that well, apart from maybe not costing the earth to run. I'm hoping an exemplary 2008 model or maybe even a higher mileage 2009 model will fit in to my budget come summer 2013. Is there anything to watch out for on a 4-5 year old medium mileage one?

p.s other potential cars are Volvo S40 T5, Octavia VRS, E46 3 Series, Saab 9-3, things along those lines. The Bravo is certainly the sensible option, and I've absolutely loved my FIAT since I bought it nearly 2 years ago.

Thanks! (y)

Hi, just look out for the normal things on a car, check the cambelt history and make sure you are happy with the gearbox/clutch. Also listen out for any sounds on the suspension.

I'd also recommend looking for a 150 Dynamic TJet, the suspension will be more comfortable for you and your kid (especially when sleeping) plus you get all the other extra goodies, the Sport models are generally mid spec (AC instead of Climate control etc).

I regret not getting the Dynamic model, my spine has been turned to mush :cry:

Hi, just look out for the normal things on a car, check the cambelt history and make sure you are happy with the gearbox/clutch. Also listen out for any sounds on the suspension.

I'd also recommend looking for a 150 Dynamic TJet, the suspension will be more comfortable for you and your kid (especially when sleeping) plus you get all the other extra goodies, the Sport models are generally mid spec (AC instead of Climate control etc).

I regret not getting the Dynamic model, my spine has been turned to mush :cry:

Only problem I have with the Dynamic is it looks a bit boring. At least the Sport, whilst not actually being too Sporty under the bonnet looks the part. I only do about 4k miles a year so not too bothered about comfort lol.

Only problem I have with the Dynamic is it looks a bit boring. At least the Sport, whilst not actually being too Sporty under the bonnet looks the part. I only do about 4k miles a year so not too bothered about comfort lol.

Fair enough then go for a sport :slayer:

Just find one with nice alloys, just bare in mind ones like mine are diamond cut so if you scuff them it'll cost a bomb to get them referbed.

I've recently got a 120hp t-jet Bravo, it's quite nice ( would think a 150T-jet would be even more fun)
But could be more comfortable/spacious in the foot-well , the seats are great but I'm a bit tall so my knees allays scrape on the steering wheel column and .. there isn't much leg room in the back.. (they have gone the way of the Golf and put the space in the boot) but it is enough. Shoulder room is enough in the front and the back seats; also enough head room.

That Octavia VRS does sound good.
I like the Saab 9-3, but the interior/dash is horrible.

Boot space sounds good, for pram/shopping etc, the only legs going in the back would be little ones so that wouldn't be a problem haha!

Positives of the Bravo:

Cheapest road tax/insurance/maintenance
Would be newer than the other cars at that price range
Less mileage
Know FIAT already

Negatives:

Slowest
Smallest
Less comfortable

I'd have said its more than big enough, but then there are those out there who insist on getting an estate when the first pops out, a Previa or Zafira for 2 kids, and a blink Transit mini bus for 3 or more :rolleyes: :p

Wife's friend had a baby two days before us, and they went and bought a Scenic. LOL. For one kid! Amazing.

The GP is annoying as the doors are massive so you need plenty of space to get out the back or put a seat in the back, so if there's no child parking you have to park miles away and get ****ted by whatever horrendous weather is wreaking havoc that particular day.

Such a shame because I love it to pieces.

Is the 120bhp still to boring, to slow?
At the last fiat club meeting in Bucharest, Romania there was a 120bhp GP ( in white)
(same engine as in my Bravo)
AND the GP is what?.. 300kg lighter than the Bravo?

BTW the Bravo 120 is not slow... (200km/h+).. so the GP would be much faster..and better on acceleration.
p.s. the T-jets have a lot more torque than naturally aspirated engines ..so it feels much more powerful.

I am not trying to convince you to buy the 12bhp engine; but am saying that the GP T-jet 120bhp is an option.
Test drive with the 120bhp engine!

Is the 120bhp still to boring, to slow?
At the last fiat club meeting in Bucharest, Romania there was a 120bhp GP ( in white)
(same engine as in my Bravo)
AND the GP is what?.. 300kg lighter than the Bravo?

BTW the Bravo 120 is not slow... (200km/h+).. so the GP would be much faster..and better on acceleration.
p.s. the T-jets have a lot more torque than naturally aspirated engines ..so it feels much more powerful.

I am not trying to convince you to buy the 12bhp engine; but am saying that the GP T-jet 120bhp is an option.
Test drive with the 120bhp engine!

The GP is to small for OP though.

Are there any other cars in the Bravo's range?

The Golf GTI for the price you are looking at 2-3 years older and considerably more mileage, plus the 5 door versions are as rare as hen's teeth.

Focus ST doesn't come in 5 door guise.

Skoda Fabia VRS is diesel only.

Any others in the Bravo's range? That's the only sensible option hatch wise.

Back