Technical Brava not starting (reply quick pls or the fiat jumps off a cliff)

Currently reading:
Technical Brava not starting (reply quick pls or the fiat jumps off a cliff)

Re: Brava bot starting (reply quick pls or the fiat jumps off a cliff)

I mean to say: i keep pedal pressed when i start, for about 2 sec, it doesn't cuts off, it stays steady at 2000 rpm. After i let go of the pedal the revs drop to 700 rpm, but after 1-2 seconds they come back up to 800-900 rpms and it stays nicely reved.

Last edited:

First of all Happy New Year guys!!!!
Update- checked the one at the point 6: the fuse isn't blown.

Last edited:

Happy New year to you too!
It might sound irrelevant to your problem but a check on the earthing points in the engine bay would help to keep all those electrics/electronics working in good shape.

thx for the advice, i was thinking to clean a lot of things in the engine bay, but now there are about -10 degrees outside and i don't have a garage, so at the first temp rise i will have a go at it. I have to remove also the exhaust for welding, and change the fuel filter, lots of things to do but only after i'm sure i don't freeze outside.

Have you put a meter on the new coil pack? I had a new coil pack and it was a duff one, even though it was brand new.
Any possibility you have had a timing belt jump/slip, so it has just knocked your timing of TDC by a tooth.
Can't see it being a fuel pump as you have wet plugs, have you tried a start up with out the air filter in to give it more air.
Black plugs usually indicate rich mix as does non starting when hot, over rich mix.
When cold car uses a "cold Start" type system where the mix is rich to help start the cold engine, when warm it does not need this "rich" mix, your problem could be the sensor which controls mix or air temp.
Goes back to the days of carbs and manual choke, and trying to start a hot engine with the choke out, result - flood it, and no start!
If you had no spark then your clean plugs would come out wet, sounds to me like it is trying to fire if they come out black (sooty).
Are you sure the new sensors are cabled in right, I remember something about the Lambda probe and having to be careful which wire goes where.
Are you sure the TPS i not stuck in a certain postition, I had TPS problems with my 1.2 and it gave it alsorts of running problems, rough running to non starting on one occasion.
Just a frew thoughts for you which you may have covered already, if so sorry to recap.

Yes, I agreed with you

Hi guys.

Long time no post.

I've finally resolved the hot start problem, and i've said to post it here.

After months of struggling with it, i got to it, it was the over-pressure regulator (price 30 euros), on the side of the injector rail, the one out of which a hose comes out.

This is it-> images (1).jpg

And it's located here ->1581-bleed-01.jpg

Due to the fact that it's mechanical, the spring lost it's strength, and it wouldn't keep the pressure on the injector rail, thus when starting not enough pressure was made and the engine died.

Hope it solves other people's problem.

Last edited:
Back