Technical Brake light not working

Currently reading:
Technical Brake light not working

the frog

My drivers side brake light has given up the ghost, the bulb looked to have blown so thought that was the problem - PITA to get too! Stupid design of inspection hatch. Anyhow the bulb was replaced and didn't solve the problem, ok duff bulb, tried another one and still nothing????

I suspect the light unit has a circuit board inside which has failed????

Any help appreciated.

its just the one brake light not working?. both mine went out and it was dirty/coroded brake light switch at brake pedal, took it off and cleaned it with screwdriver blade & hey presto they were working again

Sorted, for some reason the bulbs weren't seating properly in the holder.

I need a new rear light d/s still anyhow as it's cracked. Anyone breaking a multipla?

Hi-Just joined to say how I just solved this problem. After 30 minutes changing with new bulbs and then replacing old bulbs I found the problem to be intermittant with both old and new bulbs and both sides, that is changing left for right. So bulbs worked and didnot work, that is in a locked position...With someone pessing and leaving the brake on I fiddled with the bulb holder turning anti clockwise to undo then clockwise to hold, in the locked position sometimes they worked and sometimes they didnot; even with a squirt of WD. SO MY CONCLUSION IS POOR ELECTRICAL CONTACT WITH BULB HOLDER AND LIGHT ASSEMBLE. Any suggestions of better spray than WD?

Back