Technical Boot/trunk won’t open and roof reset not working!

Currently reading:
Technical Boot/trunk won’t open and roof reset not working!

Ria23

Hello all! I have a 2012 Fiat 500c and the boot will not open from the outside or with the fob. I’ve tried the roof reset A LOT and it just isn’t working. It will keep clicking after the final step in the sequence but then it won’t initialise the automatic open/shut stage. Not sure where I’m going wrong as this has worked before to fix the boot issue. Let me know if anyone has any ideas!

There have been threads on this before. Try the search facility, and trawl the results. Hopefully the answer is in there somewhere. I seem to remember happy fixes.
There is a relationship between the boot and the roof, and I think either can cause problems with the other. Hopefully threads found will help the diagnosis procedure.

Ummm think we’ve had this a couple of times….try just getting in the car and turning the engine on and off then try8ng again. Oh and locking and unlocking the door from the key fob, then do the relearn if that hasn’t done it.

Ours is also a 12, I think the relearn doesn’t quite go as it’s supposed to on the procedure, but that sort of system sorts it out usually for me.

Could be the roof control module thinks the boot is open due to an issue with the boot wiring as John suggests. Does the 'Door Open' indicator light up? Check the boot wiring for splits in the sleeving and check if the boot light is on when the lid is shut.

Back