Technical Fiat 500 roof lost glue?

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 roof lost glue?

mammamio

Hey,

I bought a used 2013 fiat 500c isnt folding correctly anymore, and I always have to push manually the fabric under the flaps.

I noticed a brown straight line that looks like a glue on top of the flaps/guides. Was this where the fabric was supposed to be glued to the guides, and it lost its glue over time? Can I simply glue it back?

IMG20240216134548 (1).jpg

You might have trouble finding an adhesive strong enough! by example evo -stick you can by has less than half the grip strength of what the motor industry uses but you cant buy that retail!

You might have trouble finding an adhesive strong enough! by example evo -stick you can by has less than half the grip strength of what the motor industry uses but you cant buy that retail!
but am I right into thinking that part was actually glued before?

I find that if I hold the fabric down to that part, then it helps with the roof folding correctly - I just want to verify that theory though before gluing! :)

I'd see what other here say but would something like this work? I used it on some motorbike boots, they took a beating, and it worked great. Had a few family members use it since with good results too. The reason I suggest this is that it stays flexible which I think could be good in this situation.

Back