General Blue & me plus stop start unavailable

Currently reading:
General Blue & me plus stop start unavailable

Rachall

Hi my blue & me module failed which then makes the engine management light come on every now and then which flags up the message stop start unavailable but also when this message isnt present the start stop doesnt work as it should. Has anyone else had this problem? If so what was the issue?
Many thanks

Stop-start in these cars often fails due to battery voltage amongst other factors, its a very flawed system in my experience so I chose to leave it switched off on my car.

A good test would be to remove the battery condition sensor from the negative terminal, fully charge the battery and then reinstall.

Blue&me faults often present themselves with a flashing odometer display and by rapidly discharging the battery, if you can locate the module, you can unplug it, it won't solve the errors, but will sort out the battery discharge.

Stop-start in these cars often fails due to battery voltage amongst other factors, its a very flawed system in my experience so I chose to leave it switched off on my car.

A good test would be to remove the battery condition sensor from the negative terminal, fully charge the battery and then reinstall.

Blue&me faults often present themselves with a flashing odometer display and by rapidly discharging the battery, if you can locate the module, you can unplug it, it won't solve the errors, but will sort out the battery discharge.
Even though i have the start stop turned off in my car it still gets that error, i will unplug the blue & me and try this although i unplugged it before and it seemed to drain my battery more not being plugged in. Because my car loses power/ speed while going up hills with the light on i took it to the garage who drove it but the light had gone out and apparently drove perfectly 🤦‍♀️ and apparently no errors on the system. As soon as i am able i think i will get another car but avoid Fiat as its costing me a fortune 🤦‍♀️ nice car to drive when no problems though

Even though i have the start stop turned off in my car it still gets that error, i will unplug the blue & me and try this although i unplugged it before and it seemed to drain my battery more not being plugged in. Because my car loses power/ speed while going up hills with the light on i took it to the garage who drove it but the light had gone out and apparently drove perfectly 🤦‍♀️ and apparently no errors on the system. As soon as i am able i think i will get another car but avoid Fiat as its costing me a fortune 🤦‍♀️ nice car to drive when no problems though
Blue & Me has to be unplugged at the module (if it has failed the Odometer usually starts flashing) to prevent battery drain. The B&M module is under the driver's seat if you have RHD. Unplugging it anywhere else does not remove the potential for battery drain. If you just mean removing a charger from the USB then this makes no difference. A failed B&M will drain the battery inside a few days if the car is not used.

Stop start unavailable message suggests (as stated above) battery voltage is low which means either battery is about to die, you do a lot of short runs with lights wipers on etc (not unusual this time of year) or you battery is being drained - by the B&M unit for example! Another message associated with low volts is "hill start unavailable" and since this is linked to the ABS/ESP system then it is not inconceivable that this triggers "the light" if you mean the yellow triangle which maybe sets off limp mode??

Check battery status and age first.

If it triggered an engine management light, then codes should be stored on the ECU, which your garage should have read and advised upon. If yhe light vomes and goes it is a temporary fault, rether than persistent and could easily be voltage related.

Where are you located? Often members local to you have the Multiecuscan, a software too designed for fiat group cars which can read codes and perform all sorts of things like coding out your Blue&me module.

I'm near Southampton and have the tool and cables for your car if you're by any chance local to me.

If it triggered an engine management light, then codes should be stored on the ECU, which your garage should have read and advised upon. If yhe light vomes and goes it is a temporary fault, rether than persistent and could easily be voltage related.

Where are you located? Often members local to you have the Multiecuscan, a software too designed for fiat group cars which can read codes and perform all sorts of things like coding out your Blue&me module.

I'm near Southampton and have the tool and cables for your car if you're by any chance local to me.
They said there wasnt any codes stored on the system, i myself have managed to get a code using someone reader which does come back with system voltage. I will make sure the B&M module is unplugged and do as others have advised and hope that sorts the issue as im sure the other drivers on the road weren’t happy i was going less than 30 up a hill which was 50mph 🤦‍♀️. Unfortunately im near stroud in Gloucestershire but thank you for your help

They said there wasnt any codes stored on the system, i myself have managed to get a code using someone reader which does come back with system voltage. I will make sure the B&M module is unplugged and do as others have advised and hope that sorts the issue as im sure the other drivers on the road weren’t happy i was going less than 30 up a hill which was 50mph 🤦‍♀️. Unfortunately im near stroud in Gloucestershire but thank you for your help
Unless the B&M is draining it, it sounds to me like time for a new battery - don't be disappointed if Stop Start still doesn't work! That's my experience.

Blue & Me has to be unplugged at the module (if it has failed the Odometer usually starts flashing) to prevent battery drain. The B&M module is under the driver's seat if you have RHD. Unplugging it anywhere else does not remove the potential for battery drain. If you just mean removing a charger from the USB then this makes no difference. A failed B&M will drain the battery inside a few days if the car is not used.

Stop start unavailable message suggests (as stated above) battery voltage is low which means either battery is about to die, you do a lot of short runs with lights wipers on etc (not unusual this time of year) or you battery is being drained - by the B&M unit for example! Another message associated with low volts is "hill start unavailable" and since this is linked to the ABS/ESP system then it is not inconceivable that this triggers "the light" if you mean the yellow triangle which maybe sets off limp mode??

Check battery status and age first.
Had this on my Doblo ,posted B&M unit toa place in Bradford £99 all fixed

Unless the B&M is draining it, it sounds to me like time for a new battery - don't be disappointed if Stop Start still doesn't work! That's my experience.
The battery is only a few months old so hopefully its just the B&M

Yes ,start stop error, battery draining , mileometer flashing etc all fixed by Revtronics in Bradford
One other thing if battery has been changed and is not a stop/start one this can give stop start unavailable warning

One other thing if battery has been changed and is not a stop/start one this can give stop start unavailable warning
We replaced with the correct stop start battery, we will remove the module over the weekend and book for it to be repaired. Thank you for the advice though

Possibly a daft question, but do you have, or have access to a multimeter? That would tell you your voltage at rest and at idle (charging).

While at rest, your battery should read 12.4-12.9 volts to be healthy, i'd argue 12.4V is a little low, but I've had cars start fine on 12.1V

I've seen many new batteries be a little low due to standing ons a shelf a while.

Running should be somewhere between 13.5 and 14.5V to indicate its taking a charge - I believe some cars have a smart alternator so don't be surprised if this isn't the case.

Possibly a daft question, but do you have, or have access to a multimeter? That would tell you your voltage at rest and at idle (charging).

While at rest, your battery should read 12.4-12.9 volts to be healthy, i'd argue 12.4V is a little low, but I've had cars start fine on 12.1V

I've seen many new batteries be a little low due to standing ons a shelf a while.

Running should be somewhere between 13.5 and 14.5V to indicate its taking a charge - I believe some cars have a smart alternator so don't be surprised if this isn't the case.
If a smart alternator— which it almost certainly is with stop-start fitted, the voltage across the battery terminals with the engine running may not be more than 13 volts. But while driving, if you lift off the throttle but the car still in gear, the voltage can rise to rather more. It’s very difficult to get a true voltage reading with that smart charging system. I have been told that if the battery is replaced, the voltage sensing system needs to be reset (using MES or dealer computer) so it knows it’s a new battery.

Back