Technical Blue&Me - Loss of steering controls

Currently reading:
Technical Blue&Me - Loss of steering controls

So today i tried using the blue&me system with a usb stick by putting it in the usb port, media player started to work and music played for around 5 seconds then cut out.

Tried turning the ignition off and back on to see if it would work now the steering controls wont work and i cant access the menu at all! Also when i start the car the HU reads media player but nothing plays and the mileage on the display is flashing :bang:

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

If its a 500 try visiting dealership there is a service update since the 500s are using no more Marelli or Microsoft but another brand.

If its Grande Punto try the battery disco/reconnect but give it a time step out of the car and wait a bit , then disconnect the battery wait 5-10 minutes and reconnect . :)

Thanks guys, gunna try this shortly busy at the minute..

Did see the disconnect battery on a few other threads but they didnt seem to have quite the same problem but anywho, ill try it :p!

Last edited:
Okay so the reset of the computer worked..tried again and library started to load, my HU screen switched to media player..played about 5 seconds of a random song then made a crackling/buzzing noise and returned to the fm tuner :mad:

Is this a compatability issue with my memory stick? although i dont see how as it seems to load around 5 seconds of each song before crashing (n)

try another usb stick, make sure only mp3/wave files on it

Thanks for the quick response (y)

I erased all other data from the said memory stick and all files are mp3 so i guess its just the memory stick, another one of mine i tried just didnt read at all!

Gunna try buy a new one after work tomorrow see how it goes

Back