Birthday Trackday race, where?

Currently reading:
Birthday Trackday race, where?

Right its my birthday next month and for the past couple of years, me and my sister have been arguing over one thing. Basically she thinks she would beat me in a race on a track, and i think not :p despite me having a Punto MK2 1.2 8v, and hers being the 1.2 16v, I still reckon i'd win :D

So basically is there any tracks in the UK that will let you race your own car against another a few times (say best of 3 races,) and not charge the earth?

Hi mate,

Most of the bigger tracks (Silverstone, brands hatch, malory park etc) do track days. Just turn up to one of them and although you wont be able to have an "off the grid" style race with just you and your sis on the track, you can still race eachother and get someone to time you both etc...

Get yourself up to croft! Not dissappointing. A range of cars are there on track days. From lambo's and Porsche's (GT3 RS's :worship:) to old rovers and other random shanners.

Don't have to race, could just go for fastest lap. Safer and less pressure equaling a spin-out and write off.

although you wont be able to have an "off the grid" style race with just you and your sis on the track, you can still race eachother and get someone to time you both etc...

Yeh thats the kinda thing i was wanting really but i'm not gonna keep my hopes up tbh, doubt ill be able to find anywhere that would allow it. :(

*cough* backroads *cough* ;)

lol, but we both have clean licences and don't fancy tarnishing them to settle a score :p

Karting.

Most trackdays have strict rules about racing.

Yeh we've done that a few years ago when i was still only a learner, and I just beat her :D She says it will be a different story in cars lol

Get yourself up to croft! Not dissappointing. A range of cars are there on track days. From lambo's and Porsche's (GT3 RS's :worship:) to old rovers and other random shanners.

Don't have to race, could just go for fastest lap. Safer and less pressure equaling a spin-out and write off.

Yeh i've seen the Croft trackdays, £99 half day aint bad (sort of the price and duration im looking at.) Not really interested in the supercars tbh, just want this punto vs punto showdown :D You make a good point about fastest lap instead tho
Have you tried Croft? how many runs do you get? How many other cars on with you? and will we get laughed at for showing up in 1.2 puntos :eek: lol

You might get laughed at and *possibly* not allowed on the track as you're likely to be very slow compared with other things on the track and will probably be a safety hazzard. Afterall - although the speed doesnt necessarily matter - the speed differential does. In addition if you're in a crash on the track your insurance wont cover you.

Best bet is if you find one you fancy doing, ring/email the organisers and check with them.

Last edited:
[/quote]lol, but we both have clean licences and don't fancy tarnishing them to settle a score :p[/quote]

its called back roads because police are never there lol just dont hit anything lol

i went round castle combe in the tipo when it was eurofest thingy. yes i was slow, but it was all good. i advise you to try something like this and get someone to time you both. check the events section, things like this often come up.

You might get laughed at and *possibly* not allowed on the track as you're likely to be very slow compared with other things on the track and will probably be a safety hazzard. Afterall - although the speed doesnt necessarily matter - the speed differential does. In addition if you're in a crash on the track your insurance wont cover you.

Best bet is if you find one you fancy doing, ring/email the organisers and check with them.

Na there is some right horrors. Like old rust buckets. You get the people with Kit cars, a few supercars and the the rest of us. Not a particularly difficult track. Probably best place to do it. Think about a few laps twice a day when I drive past :(

Give me a heads up Chris and I'll come round. RACEEEEEEE!!

Back