General Bi-Xenon headlights

Currently reading:
General Bi-Xenon headlights

...Just wondering if people (especially those working in dealerships) would have any idea how much the Bi-Xenon headlights are going to cost as an option for the 500C?

Its listed as an option but no-one seems to know the price:confused:

Listed as an option where?

On Sirio (the ordering system used by dealerships) they are listed as an option, but have "Not available in the UK" where the price is usually shown, and if we select them we get an error message telling us we cannot order them.

Listed as an option where?

On Sirio (the ordering system used by dealerships) they are listed as an option, but have "Not available in the UK" where the price is usually shown, and if we select them we get an error message telling us we cannot order them.

Hmmm.....

that is interesting, especially as my dealer has confirmed that they have been added to my build. Order number is 230 and is shown in the UK Spec 500 Family brochure and Spec list.

According to the dealer they phoned Fiat to confirm that my at stage '16' 500C could have it added. Answer was yes :confused:

It could be interesting to see exactly what my car does arrive with as most of the spec seems to be confused between UK Lounge and EU Rock models.

I bet my Xenon lights will be set to European roads and the beam will be in completely the wrong direction :rolleyes:

Fiat order numbers are 9 digits, not 3.

Sorry, I meant customer option code - as listed in the brochure - 230.

I've seen the other post too and hadn't realised that they had added Tech House Grey and Goth Metal Blue to the 500 Hatch colour palette, but according to the 500/500C spec brochure you can order them on both!

Even stranger is the 'Detail by Diesel' colours which clearly show the dash in Diesel Green and Diesel Brown, but I was sure they all came with a silver / metallic grey dash :confused:

Its a UK brochure by all accounts and its edition 08/09.
:confused:

Sorry, I meant customer option code - as listed in the brochure - 230.

I've seen the other post too and hadn't realised that they had added Tech House Grey and Goth Metal Blue to the 500 Hatch colour palette, but according to the 500/500C spec brochure you can order them on both!

Even stranger is the 'Detail by Diesel' colours which clearly show the dash in Diesel Green and Diesel Brown, but I was sure they all came with a silver / metallic grey dash :confused:

Its a UK brochure by all accounts and its edition 08/09.
:confused:
Just because things are in the brochure doesn't mean its right :) as a few of us found out in the first 'HID as standard' brochure error. Hope you get everything you asked for though.

Just because things are in the brochure doesn't mean its right :) as a few of us found out in the first 'HID as standard' brochure error. Hope you get everything you asked for though.
Wasn't that a fun time? Convincing people that something which normally costs 700 euros wouldn't be free :p

I bet my Xenon lights will be set to European roads and the beam will be in completely the wrong direction :rolleyes:

Oh I wouldn't worry about that. The whole point of bi-xenons is that you can blind everyone you're behind no matter where you are.

The brochure and specifications/options book we got sent lists them as option code 230 and available as an option on all 500 and 500C trim levels.

Mum ordered a 1.4 Sport last Saturday (August 29th) and I asked the salesman "Don't suppose you can have Xenons on a 500 can you?" and his response was "Yep, Bi-Xenons are standard on 500's now". I put on my surprised face, as even on dads 2008 BMW 5 Series they were a cost option! "What... included on all of them or just some trim levels?" I asked and "All 500s come with Bi-Xenons as standard" was the response. That directly contradicts what the specifications/options book says.

Mum doesn't care either way if her car comes with Xenons or not (if it were a cost option she wouldn't have chose it) but as the saleman taking her order said it will come with them I'd like to think it will...

The brochure and specifications/options book we got sent lists them as option code 230 and available as an option on all 500 and 500C trim levels.

Mum ordered a 1.4 Sport last Saturday (August 29th) and I asked the salesman "Don't suppose you can have Xenons on a 500 can you?" and his response was "Yep, Bi-Xenons are standard on 500's now". I put on my surprised face, as even on dads 2008 BMW 5 Series they were a cost option! "What... included on all of them or just some trim levels?" I asked and "All 500s come with Bi-Xenons as standard" was the response. That directly contradicts what the specifications/options book says.

Mum doesn't care either way if her car comes with Xenons or not (if it were a cost option she wouldn't have chose it) but as the saleman taking her order said it will come with them I'd like to think it will...
It almost certainly won't come with them just so you know.

manufacturers will never include something as standard when they can get away with charging it as an extra - but at least fiat arent as bad with this as, say, mini. they'd charge extra for the door handles if they could.

manufacturers will never include something as standard when they can get away with charging it as an extra - but at least fiat arent as bad with this as, say, mini. they'd charge extra for the door handles if they could.
Yeah, the 500 is good value in standard spec compared to a standard Mini. Go and add the same extras to both cars and it's stupidly good value.

It almost certainly won't come with them just so you know.

Told her this the second we walked out the dealership. It's a Fiat. Fog Lights are a cost (trim level) option. They charge you for Mats. Are Xenons really going to be standard!?

Thing I don't get is that I even said to the guy "Whoa that's good then, BMW charged dad £800 for them!". I gave him perfect opportunity to say 'let me go and check on the computer' and him bash in code 230. It's not as if he was about to lose the sale of a lemon ex-demo car, it was a brand new built-to-order with options that he easily could have had an extra £500 on. :confused:

Told her this the second we walked out the dealership. It's a Fiat. Fog Lights are a cost (trim level) option. They charge you for Mats. Are Xenons really going to be standard!?

Thing I don't get is that I even said to the guy "Whoa that's good then, BMW charged dad £800 for them!". I gave him perfect opportunity to say 'let me go and check on the computer' and him bash in code 230. It's not as if he was about to lose the sale of a lemon ex-demo car, it was a brand new built-to-order with options that he easily could have had an extra £500 on. :confused:

I'd have just flat out told him he was talking crap :p

Back