Tuning Best Brake pads

Currently reading:
Tuning Best Brake pads

My pads are due for a change in Lola , ive got the bravo 1.8 callipers on the front , and im wanting up upgrage the pads , ATM i have Euro car parts pads in , , and ive been looking at

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EBC-Yello...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4859c131ce

has any one ran the EBC pads ? what did they think of them ? or has any one else got any outher suggestions the car is used "fast road" so im not fussed about pads that take a while to "warm up" or poor when cold

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
EBC ultimax are pretty good, better that the mintex I had before. Pretty reasonable on price.

I really like EBC products, and have been using them for years on my bikes.

Shame they don't do the HH sintered disc eater pads I have on the blade for cars.

If I remember correctly, the ultimax pads have a layer of abrasive on them to condition the disc for the first 500miles or so, once that has gone they are good, good bite, don't glaze or squeal. Have had fade a few times, but that is usually hanging on them into every corner coming down a mountain road far too quickly.

But you have the bigger set up, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I'm on 240mm discs, drilled and grooved, and drum rears.

No real dust to speak of either.

That's good to know thanks maye

I'm running Mtec disks drilled and grooved at the min peter pickup, , looks like I'm going to be buying some tonight ;)

If you use them hard ( like I do...) don't have the discs drilled, there's a slight possibility that the surface will crack between the drilled holes.
Grooved is fine.
I use grooved only Mtec discs with the black protection paint on them, together with Ferodo DS Performance pads on my Alfa Romeo GT jtd, and I do a lot of (very) high speed driving on German Motorways....

Back