Technical Battery type for key fob

Currently reading:
Technical Battery type for key fob

Does anyone know the battery type that matches the 500X key fob?

I'm asking because I've replaced the battery on my key fog twice and both batteries died within a few weeks (instead of a few years). I am guessing those replacement batteries are of the wrong type.

Thank you.

Pretty sure standard CR2032.

I always have a new battery in the car glove box as a backup. If I have trouble unlocking the car but am not sure I put the battery in my pocket and see how it goes till I can test the fob battery. With the 500X (UK 2015 spec) you can use the emergency key to open the driver's door and get access to replace the battery.

Ideally one should have one in your wallet/handbag especially if remote from local shops because I'm struggling to remeber if when the deadlocks are set the emergency key will still open the door(s). I must remember to check this.

Ideally one should have one in your wallet/handbag especially if remote from local shops because I'm struggling to remeber if when the deadlocks are set the emergency key will still open the door(s). I must remember to check this.
Tested this morning. Set the deadlocks and unlock the drivers door with the emergency mechanical blade key.

This suggests to me that the deadlocks just disengage the inside door handles etc. from the main lock mechanisms.

Back