Technical Changing the battery

Currently reading:
Technical Changing the battery

LOUDpipes

Hi all...I've had a poke around on here and can't find anything about changing the battery on a 500X...which surprises me, I thought there would have been a fair few owners that have had to change the battery on a 500X?

I'm wondering if anyone has encountered problems by swapping batteries out?

I've changed batteries on older cars, which is a very simple task, but the 500X is the most 'up to date' car I've owned and I'm a bit worried about something going wrong with the electrics. I've seen people attaching jumper packs to the connections to keep an electrical feed, but I don't have anything like that, so will just have to disconnect the old battery and slot in the new one. I've ordered a Bosch 027 S5A05 AGM battery, so hopefully this will fit! I'm anticipating that I'll need the 'radio code', so if anyone has tips on how I input the code into unit, that would be appreciated, as I've never had to anything like that before...my old Landrover Defender didn't worry about such things!

On my 2015 500X you can just disconnect the battery and swop in a new one. No coding required. All pretty hassle free.

Once powered up I would just lower and raise the windows to ensure the pinch detection is working. Also lock and unlock the car central lock to check all locks engage/disengage properly.

The radio/nav unit is standard, so hopefully no problems there. Thanks for the prompt replies...much appreciated. I'll let you know how I get on...(y)

Glad to report all done :) As you stated, I didn't need the code for the radio/nav unit. I checked the central locking and electric windows, also turned the steering wheel full lock lock each side ( manual says to 'reset' steering after disconnecting battery?). So, thanks for putting my mind at ease, turned out to be the simple job I thought it would be. Saved a few quid also. I was quoted £244 to supply and fit a new, non branded battery by F1 Autocentre. Picked up the Bosch 027 S5A05 AGM online from Tayna batteries for £118 with next day delivery, fitted in 10 mins. I've used Tayna over the years for all my motorbike batteries, very good service...(y) Sorry...no pictures...very quick job and too cold for snaps :)

Tayna have a very good reputation and their prices are fair when I've looked. They also give you manufacturer options. Some places sell only one brand.

The 500X battery is not as easy to swop out as some due to the short leads to the +VE power distribution plate. Mine is a little more complicated as I have addition caravan power distribution cables etc. but yes around 10 to 15 mins depending on how COLD it is. In the summer the cables a more flexible making life easier. :)

Back