Ban smoking in cars ...

Currently reading:
Ban smoking in cars ...

smoking-in-cars-660424346.jpg

A HIGH-PROFILE campaign to encourage adults not to smoke in cars when children are present will be launched today in Wales.

It could be followed by a ban on smoking in cars if it fails to reduce children’s exposure to second-hand smoke within three years.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...-smoking-in-cars-with-children-91466-30271462

I'd like to see it banned here in England too.

i think dave got it in one really

if people care they wont do it

if it is illegal people will still do it they will just run the risk of getting caught, mobile phones are banned but people still use them.

i think dave got it in one really

if people care they wont do it

if it is illegal people will still do it they will just run the risk of getting caught, mobile phones are banned but people still use them.

you could argue the same for drink driving
however having laws in place give authorities a method of enforcement and hopefully a wake up call for some

Here's last years(2011) statistics on smoking.
PDF attached.

Smoking is a disgusting habit IMO, my dad smoked since before I was born, he's still smoking.

Smoking weed isn't much better but atleast it has positive medical uses.

Can't compare smoking to drinking(alcohol), no such thing as "secondhand drinking", unless you plan to force a pint or two down the throats of none drinkers, plus tip a couple over their heads.

Attachments

• Statistics_on_Smoking_2011.pdf
    716.1 KB · Views: 41
Its my car, my personal space and until I have kids I don't care, I will still smoke, what kind of nanny state is the uk turning in to? We can't do anything! I understand not smoking around kids and people who don't like it but its my car! We can't do anything remotely dangerous any more just incase we "hurt ourselves" THAT'S LIFE PEOPLE GET HURT AND SOME DIE, stupid government! And where are you thinking they will get the tax money from the smoking ban, oh yes they will sling it all on petrol! Have you noticed as smoking gets stubbed out petrol prices go up? Enjoy

Plus tbh I think they should first try and stop the kids that actually smoke themselves, I see them all the time around 14 years old smoking! Hassling me whenever I go into the shop "can I bum a fag mate" NO YOU CAN NOT BUM A FAG "can you buy me some then?" :/

Back