Technical Bad (long) warm starting

Currently reading:
Technical Bad (long) warm starting

alexej21

Hello Guys,
I'm new on the forum, looking for an advice.
I'm proud owner of Fiat Bravo 198, 1.9 8V MJet 120k. 42.000

Start in cold is absolutely perfect, even after many days without driving or in Winter.

When I start, drive somewhere. Wait minutes or 1-2 hours then the starters has to move the engine 5-7seconds before the engine starts to works.

I was in Fiat servis, they didn't find any problem with car. Unfortunatelly the car was starting perfectly in the servis.

This happes almost every third warm start.

Anyone give me advice ?

Thank you,

Hello Guys,
I'm new on the forum, looking for an advice.
I'm proud owner of Fiat Bravo 198, 1.9 8V MJet 120k. 42.000

Start in cold is absolutely perfect, even after many days without driving or in Winter.

When I start, drive somewhere. Wait minutes or 1-2 hours then the starters has to move the engine 5-7seconds before the engine starts to works.

I was in Fiat servis, they didn't find any problem with car. Unfortunatelly the car was starting perfectly in the servis.

This happes almost every third warm start.

Anyone give me advice ?

Thank you,

I've got the same engine, same mileage, no problem at all.

When the car is warm, do you just turn the key to start immediately? I always wait a couple os seconds after the glowplug light goes out, before turning to start. This gives time for the fuel pressure in the common rail to build up.

Hi,
1) I always wait a few seconds to glow before I start the engine.
2)The car has the sensor. The Fiat servis also told me that this could be the reason - resynchronise of position of engine. But the problem happes to often and the car doesn't move before ignition.

Couldn't be it because the car thinks that the engine is still warmed up and push only little amount of fuel ?

Hi,
1) I always wait a few seconds to glow before I start the engine.
2)The car has the sensor. The Fiat servis also told me that this could be the reason - resynchronise of position of engine. But the problem happes to often and the car doesn't move before ignition.

Couldn't be it because the car thinks that the engine is still warmed up and push only little amount of fuel ?

Well if it is warm, then that won't be the problem if the car is doing a warm start. Crank possition sensors often start to fail intermittently when warm. No crank sensor input means no fuel is injected ;)

Hi,
Thank you for you help.

Is there a way how to confirm that the problem is really in crank sensor ?

Otherwise I will drive to Fiat servis and ask them to replace it...

Thx.

Hi,
Thank you for you help.

Is there a way how to confirm that the problem is really in crank sensor ?

Otherwise I will drive to Fiat servis and ask them to replace it...

Thx.

Short of testing it when she fails to start, there isn't really. It's one of those replace and hope parts :(

It's fairly common on Petrol engines with them though, not starting properly when warm.

Hi,
I left batterie 18 hours on charger. It showed before 12,6V, now it shows 14V. I will test it in this week.

Thx

Back