Technical B&M Help with media please

Currently reading:
Technical B&M Help with media please

Markiemark192

'Fight Now Cry Later'
Morning All,

First off I'm new to the forum so would like to say Hi to one and all! (y)

I own a 1.4 Fiat Grande Punto Sporting
Having problems getting Blue & Me to play music.
My phone (an Android HTC Desire) is linked up to B&M and works fine in terms of bluetooth for calls (though not text reader, not sure how that works).

The problem is I can't get any music to play. :bang:

I've tried connecting my phone via glove box - i get an option on my phone to "mount phone as disk drive" (same as if i was connecting to pc).
Then select "find media" - No media found. Every time, no matter what I do i always get "no media found".
Its really frustrating because the first 2-3 days when I had the car it worked fine. Then one day connected as normal and it refuses to work.

The music files on the phone are ALL mp3 Format.
Tried putting MP3 files on a USB stick - same thing wont find any media.

I have also tried connecting my I-Pod via glovebox. Same thing no media found!!!.

How do I get around this problem?
How do you guys play your music via B&M?

FYI - Head unit is standard Fiat one.

Hope someone can help and apologies if Im posting in the wrong section.

Thanks in advance :)

There is a grande punto forum, and a 'blue and me' forum you might be better off asking first in the grande punto forum as these guys will know a lot more about your car, and will be much quicker at addressing your issues. the Punto and the Grande Punto are very different cars,

You probably won't get much more help than this in this forum unless your media problem is being caused by a knackered head gasket or steering wheel warning light ;)

Sorry couldn't be of more help

Last edited:
I may be wrong but isn't the glovebox USB slot not designed for the Media Player, and you will find another slot near the gear lever with a Mico$oft logo (you may need to slide the cover to reveal it)
That's how the Bravo is, and it plays from my stick a treat (y)

Back