2052976-6.jpg

Audi TT Coupe Quattro 225.

Introduction

Little preview picture of my new project i mean car :rolleyes:

2052976-6.jpg

Its already been modified as im sure the private plate and the day running lights and the 3.2 v6 bumper show but theres still plenty to do!

im way excited, but ive got another weeks wait before i can get her home as its having a new steering rack fitted before i hand the cash over. but its worth it the 1.8l 4pot 20valve ko3 turbocharger is very tuneable :D

if anyone saw my grande punto tjet theyll know i like a shiny colourful engine bay and this car will be no different, already ordered a few bits going for a silver/blue theme this time round.

Btw if all your going to say is why a TT or the various hilarious TT jokes then dont bother posting.
Looks like very good exhaust, think you'll have gained much from it?

3" downpipe would have helped open it up for definite, as for the exhaust's sound and looks, id say that is spot on. :D Good choice on the cut of the tips. (y)

Anything else to come from this car? Can't be much to do :(

Ill get some more pictures up but its a little dark right now, as the modding is coming to an end and the weather is getting better i do need a few photos :)

Looks like very good exhaust, think you'll have gained much from it?

3" downpipe would have helped open it up for definite, as for the exhaust's sound and looks, id say that is spot on. :D Good choice on the cut of the tips. (y)

Anything else to come from this car? Can't be much to do :(

yeah the video doesnt do the sound justice, the blueflame cat back like any manufacturer/aftermarket off the shelf system is characterless but now ive got the custom downpipe cat and tips on the sound has gone from a dull low pitch sound to something more throaty and roar its got character, shame you cant hear that in the video.

also when your on the move its not intrusive until you give it the beans then all hell breaks loose! the sound and less lag has made it feel faster aswell as actually being quicker, on my private land straight road i test on its definatelly a little quicker :slayer: after a remap it should show its true potential.

the tips i thought were a good choice and the position from the bumper is spot on too even the exhaust guy said i wasnt sure at first but now its in place they fit amazingly, the slashcut follows the curve of the bumper beautifully and ive made sure they dont stick out too much and the size is just right in the valance gap too :)

lol its always whats next with modders isnt it! im not sure a remap at some point as im running quite rich so the injector timing atleast needs tuning so i might aswell get a revo stage 2 remap but its expensive so not just yet, before hand i might need to invest in new coilpacks and a maf sensor.

Expensive on the ole' bank as well id have thought? Going to upgrade it at the same time? :D (y)

yes its going to be around 550 to get a refurbed unit from either turbo technics or essex turbo there the only two i know off lol

obviously this is another ill be doing myself so that saves 600+ in labour as its a pig of a job to do, ive spent 2x half days working on it and its still not removed :eek: compared the punto was as easy as fitting a sticker

no upgrades the hybrid option takes alot of time as they havent made one yet apparently and i guess itll require new injectors and along with the maf sensor and coilpacks that i need for my stage 2 remap its not a great idea as i just lost my job :(

yes its going to be around 550 to get a refurbed unit from either turbo technics or essex turbo there the only two i know off lol

obviously this is another ill be doing myself so that saves 600+ in labour as its a pig of a job to do, ive spent 2x half days working on it and its still not removed :eek: compared the punto was as easy as fitting a sticker

no upgrades the hybrid option takes alot of time as they havent made one yet apparently and i guess itll require new injectors and along with the maf sensor and coilpacks that i need for my stage 2 remap its not a great idea as i just lost my job :(

£550 sounds about right. Perhaps look on eBay for a turbo?
2 and a half days to strip it down, well i'll be... Atleast you are having fun doing it? :rolleyes:
Puntos in comparison to your engine or my new one (1.9 TD) are rather easy to work on. Kind of miss my punto already and it's still on my drive :(

How did you loose your job? :( I got made redundant because I was the newest there and it just made sense.

Everyones having a rough time out there at the moment, it sucks. At least you'll have your TT to make you happy once it's repaired.

Do you have any idea why the turbo gave in? Overworked?

£550 sounds about right. Perhaps look on eBay for a turbo?
2 and a half days to strip it down, well i'll be... Atleast you are having fun doing it? :rolleyes:
Puntos in comparison to your engine or my new one (1.9 TD) are rather easy to work on. Kind of miss my punto already and it's still on my drive :(

How did you loose your job? :( I got made redundant because I was the newest there and it just made sense.

Everyones having a rough time out there at the moment, it sucks. At least you'll have your TT to make you happy once it's repaired.

Do you have any idea why the turbo gave in? Overworked?

nah you miss read yesterday i had monday and tuesday both about 4hours stripping it down i meant two half days but again today to finally get it out so overall its a going to be a 3day thing until i can drive her again :(

basically the management were poor at best and like you i was last in the door but it wasnt me who just went but although its bad because of money i really did hate it anyway so lets just hope there is a god and he will provide me something else :D

todays activity was a little alloy refurbing, winter salt completely wrecked the chrome lip on my split piece rims so with some 800 1200 wet and dry and some metal polish and alot of effort i thought id bring back some of the shine, the weathers dull and rubbish so unfortunately its hard to see how shiny they are once done but on the car it looked brand new compared to the one next to it :slayer:

DSCN0687.JPG

DSCN0688.JPG

DSCN0689.JPG

DSCN0690.JPG

Much much better there, can see the difference quite easily... Thought about getting good alloy sealant? It'll save effort in the long run. (y) goodjob on getting the turbo out :) 3 days to stick it back in too? ;)

Much much better there, can see the difference quite easily... Thought about getting good alloy sealant? It'll save effort in the long run. (y) goodjob on getting the turbo out :) 3 days to stick it back in too? ;)

wayyy ahead of you after the polishing and buffing i put on a coat of auto glym alloy sealant (y)

lol probably maybe 2weeks 3 weeks i dunno its a real shyt of a job but i need to keep the end in sight, atleast itll be another project i can say yes i done that myself i didnt just take it somewhere :D

anyway rawb what mod should i do next? it seems like i only make this thread for you to read anyway haha

wayyy ahead of you after the polishing and buffing i put on a coat of auto glym alloy sealant (y)

lol probably maybe 2weeks 3 weeks i dunno its a real shyt of a job but i need to keep the end in sight, atleast itll be another project i can say yes i done that myself i didnt just take it somewhere :D

anyway rawb what mod should i do next? it seems like i only make this thread for you to read anyway haha
Bang a roll cage in and track it ;)

Bang a roll cage in and track it ;)

haha thats a good idea but not in a daily driver! but i might go down the weight saving route though :rolleyes: any ideas aside the usual rear seat removal? i dont want to loose all the weight over the rear and still have a heavy front end, the car does weigh 1400kg afterall

Re-Trim and a ICE install, with a ps3 ;)

i dont drive with music i like to hear everything, well on motorways i do as its boring, so expensive ice installs dont interest me the bose system is plenty lol

haha thats a good idea but not in a daily driver! but i might go down the weight saving route though :rolleyes: any ideas aside the usual rear seat removal? i dont want to loose all the weight over the rear and still have a heavy front end, the car does weigh 1400kg afterall

i dont drive with music i like to hear everything, well on motorways i do as its boring, so expensive ice installs dont interest me the bose system is plenty lol

I would suggest stripping out all the unwanted weight - sound deadening on the floors and roof? Perhaps stripping down the loom (bit extreme) and perhaps getting carbon fiber covers for the front doors if you carve out the excess metal? Then taking off the rear arch covers?
It depends what you want from the daily, Ideally you'd prefer to get it back on the road first. But if you can sacrifice the rear seats etc, then it would be worth it, As for taking weight out of the front of the car so it balances up the front and rear, it's not really going to be possible unless you strip the dash down and remove all un-needed loom, but as it's a daily I would have thought you would need all of the functions.

As for the music, just fabricate something for the current system if you do all of that weight loss?

Perhaps you could also get a carbon fibre bonnet? As the Audi's look as though they have a heavy bonnet.

Just chucking ideas :rolleyes: I wouldn't say much needs doing to it. It seems perfect for a daily at the moment but if you want free (ish) and yet effective bhp/weight ratio then it would be ideal to strip it all. Let's face it you can still keep the seats in, the carpet and the same seatbelts etc... Or you could get bucket seats harnesses and a weld in cage. :D Both sound good ideas to me but it's up to you as it's your car :D

I would suggest stripping out all the unwanted weight - sound deadening on the floors and roof? Perhaps stripping down the loom (bit extreme) and perhaps getting carbon fiber covers for the front doors if you carve out the excess metal? Then taking off the rear arch covers?
It depends what you want from the daily, Ideally you'd prefer to get it back on the road first. But if you can sacrifice the rear seats etc, then it would be worth it, As for taking weight out of the front of the car so it balances up the front and rear, it's not really going to be possible unless you strip the dash down and remove all un-needed loom, but as it's a daily I would have thought you would need all of the functions.

As for the music, just fabricate something for the current system if you do all of that weight loss?

Perhaps you could also get a carbon fibre bonnet? As the Audi's look as though they have a heavy bonnet.

Just chucking ideas :rolleyes: I wouldn't say much needs doing to it. It seems perfect for a daily at the moment but if you want free (ish) and yet effective bhp/weight ratio then it would be ideal to strip it all. Let's face it you can still keep the seats in, the carpet and the same seatbelts etc... Or you could get bucket seats harnesses and a weld in cage. :D Both sound good ideas to me but it's up to you as it's your car :D

lol the tt has an aluminium bonnet its very light, like my rx8 which also was spookily light bonnet. the rear seats and spare wheel and rear fancy trim could go replaced with an mdf box section and accoustic carpet to hide all the rubbish, the seats are heated but no electrically adjustable so theyre not massively heavy and i do like the heated function in winter its a life saver

i was looking in between swearing matches with the turbo around the bay and theres a few things that seem unnecessary but ill do some reading up before i do ahead, i could relocate the battery and remove the n249 valve and the charcoal filter thatll free up some engine bay space, i do want all the comfort but with none of the weight :p im greedy like that haha

lol the tt has an aluminium bonnet its very light, like my rx8 which also was spookily light bonnet. the rear seats and spare wheel and rear fancy trim could go replaced with an mdf box section and accoustic carpet to hide all the rubbish, the seats are heated but no electrically adjustable so theyre not massively heavy and i do like the heated function in winter its a life saver

i was looking in between swearing matches with the turbo around the bay and theres a few things that seem unnecessary but ill do some reading up before i do ahead, i could relocate the battery and remove the n249 valve and the charcoal filter thatll free up some engine bay space, i do want all the comfort but with none of the weight :p im greedy like that haha

Well, I learnt something today... The massive bonnet on a TT is aluminium!

MDF box section sounds good as well, tidy it all up etc. There really isn't much you could do, you could go ultimate on stripping the car but then you'd loose out on so many things, If it were my car, id either go for full practicality and full function or completely stripped out and just raw driving. Theres not much 'in-between' apart from taking the rear seats out. I guess you could tidy up the bay a little as it does look rather crowded in there (not so much now that you have the turbo out?)
Ideally id go down the complete stripping path and get some buckets, buy a cushion and you are onto a winner! :yum: Light options with comfort ;)

Well, I learnt something today... The massive bonnet on a TT is aluminium!

MDF box section sounds good as well, tidy it all up etc. There really isn't much you could do, you could go ultimate on stripping the car but then you'd loose out on so many things, If it were my car, id either go for full practicality and full function or completely stripped out and just raw driving. Theres not much 'in-between' apart from taking the rear seats out. I guess you could tidy up the bay a little as it does look rather crowded in there (not so much now that you have the turbo out?)
Ideally id go down the complete stripping path and get some buckets, buy a cushion and you are onto a winner! :yum: Light options with comfort ;)

yes mate even down to bonnets i know my stuff :p

a nice scatter cushion to brighten things up abit yes haha, well ill keep you guys posted on the turbo project i need to phone them tomorrow actually to get one sent to me, finished the mini alloy refurb today and honestly its a huge difference i undone winter and 4 previous years of bad cleaning (y)

still waiting on my free forge cam breather hose aswell :eek: 2-3months now? i keep emailing them and the date theyll finish making it just gets further and further away

Back