2052976-6.jpg

Audi TT Coupe Quattro 225.

Introduction

Little preview picture of my new project i mean car :rolleyes:

2052976-6.jpg

Its already been modified as im sure the private plate and the day running lights and the 3.2 v6 bumper show but theres still plenty to do!

im way excited, but ive got another weeks wait before i can get her home as its having a new steering rack fitted before i hand the cash over. but its worth it the 1.8l 4pot 20valve ko3 turbocharger is very tuneable :D

if anyone saw my grande punto tjet theyll know i like a shiny colourful engine bay and this car will be no different, already ordered a few bits going for a silver/blue theme this time round.

Btw if all your going to say is why a TT or the various hilarious TT jokes then dont bother posting.
Re: Audi TT Coupe Quattro 225

Alright pal not spoke 2 you in a while, well well ANOTHER car again me thinks you like spending your time buying a car for each month as you get bored of them lol,

Nah, Not a bad starting ground for you is it with the mods it already had to what you've put on now yourself, Good to see you getting stuck right in there, i'd like to see what sort of mpg your getting ha ha

Alright pal not spoke 2 you in a while, well well ANOTHER car again me thinks you like spending your time buying a car for each month as you get bored of them lol,

Nah, Not a bad starting ground for you is it with the mods it already had to what you've put on now yourself, Good to see you getting stuck right in there, i'd like to see what sort of mpg your getting ha ha

lol 28mpg combined (y) which is like 6less than the punto so not bad going really

hey mate message me on fb i dont tend to check the ff anymore no-ones interested in a vag car :rolleyes:

yes a few updates i didnt think anyone really gave a sh*t tbh :rolleyes: so i havent posted lol but if theres interest i shall update, i havent really done alot as the weather has been so bad and my new job is taking up my entire life :(

sorted the old calipers from a cracking faded red too a black underneath lol then finally to a nice hammerite blue, ordered some audi brake decals too from ebay not to everyones taste but i think it just gives the calipers something else to them :)

DSCN0544.JPG

DSCN05451.JPG

a keen eye will notice my coilover suspension, where the rear suspension the rear coil isnt actually over the shock lol considering other rear axle driven coupes have the rear strut towers like the front its funny that the tt doesnt and does show although its quattro rear axle driven the chassis and other parts are from the audi S3/leon cupra/golf gti

DSCN0546.JPG

DSCN0549.JPG

DSCN0550.JPG

DSCN0556.JPG

DSCN0552.JPG

my samco tip arrived (turbo inlet pipe) the factory pipe is fine on the standard 180/225 models but on a stage 1 mapped 1.8turbo 4pot with high boost of 19psi it isnt up to the job, collapsing over 4500rpm and although suffers heat soak.

but my lovely new blue silicone tip doesnt :D

DSCN0560.JPG

DSCN0561.JPG

DSCN0562.JPG

new and way old

DSCN0563.JPG

DSCN0565.JPG

DSCN0566.JPG

also relocated the ancillery boost hoses and added a couple more blue 8mm vacuum hosing.

DSCN0567.JPG

turbo whistle is much louder now :slayer:

also talking to forge about making a cam cover breather hose for the apx engine, mine as others had severely cracked and was way past it, so ordered a new one from audi and sent my old one to forge to replicate then the engine bay will be complete ;)

DSCN0557.JPG

just how different my cam cover and induction tip are from the normal bam/apu etc. engines are, because mines special :D

Now that's an Audi TT id have :) Looks great mate, engine is looking better than the GP used to. I like the audi decals on the callipers, really sets them off and breaks up the blue.

I just wish your TT was black, I think it'd look much better. But still a nice looking car, any pics of the interior? or any videos of it running?
:D

Now that's an Audi TT id have :) Looks great mate, engine is looking better than the GP used to. I like the audi decals on the callipers, really sets them off and breaks up the blue.

I just wish your TT was black, I think it'd look much better. But still a nice looking car, any pics of the interior? or any videos of it running?
:D

thankyou! its what i say i wouldnt have a standard audi tt 180 or 225 but with all the work gone into mine from the previous owner and myself its really one to have, everyone from 4year olds to teenage girls to old people love it its really odd not many people cared for the punto nor the rx8 but this car people love lol

yeah thats what i thought on the decals it just gives it something and i can always remove and repaint if i wanted too

trust me the silver looks way better than a black tt if you saw them side by side its miles ahead! lol funny you say that i was going to take a picture of the interior after i cleaned her today but i thought nahh, i will get some up and maybe a video of her running, ideally id like to race tom91 and talltom again to see the power difference between this and the punto and maybe down some twistys to completely kill them haha :slayer:

Sounds like a plan, Never really seen the interior of theses, apart from the red leather interior on the top models.

225 turbo engine is amazing, do you vow for this too?
I'll be using a 20vt 1.8 Audi engine in my project next year.:rolleyes:

Any ideas on what sort of BHP you are running with the TT atm?

Without a doubt the Audi will beat both your old T-jet that weren't really a t-jet and the Abarth. Still it would be interesting on what the difference is.

Sounds like a plan, Never really seen the interior of theses, apart from the red leather interior on the top models.

225 turbo engine is amazing, do you vow for this too?
I'll be using a 20vt 1.8 Audi engine in my project next year.:rolleyes:

Any ideas on what sort of BHP you are running with the TT atm?

Without a doubt the Audi will beat both your old T-jet that weren't really a t-jet and the Abarth. Still it would be interesting on what the difference is.

well the stage 1 apr remap was carried out 3years ago and the graphs show 276bhp and 304lbs at the flywheel, how accurate their rollers are and how honest they are i dont know but after i finish the exhaust and get new coil packs ill whip it on the dyno and find out, i want a 4wd dyno though as you can disable the haldex 4wd for normal rollers but i want to see exactly what im actually putting down with transmission losses and all

yeah id like to physically see the difference because on a track or country roads with my suspension and 4wd its no contest but itd be interesting to see in the real world what a straight line result would be because although its more powerful im also alot heavier

the 225 engine is good and solid the block will go far far higher and over the 180 it has forged internals the only weak point is when you go over 300-350 con rods start hitting there max

I've looked through this thread expecting a hairdryer but this car is looking great, the work you've carried out is brilliant

lol thanks its what i try to say its not an audi tt its my tt and that means alot lol like my punto wasnt really a normal tjet as said above, its really odd the amount of people who ask about my car or look and smile everyone seems to love it which is anoying because i put way more effort into the punto!

Single pot front brakes? Are you going to uprate them if you're tuning the engine which has 225bhp to start with!?

yeah i was suprised there large but the single pot doesnt really spread the load, i may have some brake plans in my mind ;) but that wont happen until i wear these abit more tbh the tyres and brakes are worn abit but i wont replace them til spring its pointless cause at the same time ill get the alloys refurbed the chrome lip of the split piece rims has taken a real battering with the salt and snow

Back