Technical ASR button and rear demister button not illuminating \ working

Currently reading:
Technical ASR button and rear demister button not illuminating \ working

manikm303

Hey guys

Haven't used the car much (a 2009 500c) since i bought it, and yesterday, when the car was misted up, I pressed the rear window demister button, but it didnt illuminate, i then tried the ASR off button next to it, that didnt light up either.

Do they both share the same fuse?

Is this a common issue?

Cheers! and happy Friday!

Hey guys

Haven't used the car much (a 2009 500c) since i bought it, and yesterday, when the car was misted up, I pressed the rear window demister button, but it didnt illuminate, i then tried the ASR off button next to it, that didnt light up either.

Do they both share the same fuse?

Is this a common issue?

Cheers! and happy Friday!
The ASR switch turns the system OFF and the light should come ON for the duration of the time the ignition is on or until you press it again. Each time you press it you should get a message in the display; "ASR Disconnected" and "ASR Connected" respectively - do you see this?

Did the rear demister actually come on to clear the screen?

The ASR switch turns the system OFF and the light should come ON for the duration of the time the ignition is on or until you press it again. Each time you press it you should get a message in the display; "ASR Disconnected" and "ASR Connected" respectively - do you see this?

Did the rear demister actually come on to clear the screen?
Thanks . That is what I mean no lights come on for either demist or asr. So wondered if they were same fuse to check

Good Point. For replacement of one of my vents, I had to take the dashpanel off. I remember there is a plug on the switch assembly that could get disconnected.

gr
Hence my query about whether the ASR messages showed in the display and whether the demister is actually heating the screen.

The two systems would seem to have nothing in common except the location of their on/off buttons and lights.

Hence my query about whether the ASR messages showed in the display and whether the demister is actually heating the screen.

The two systems would seem to have nothing in common except the location of their on/off buttons and lights.
No. Didn't clear the screen. Nor did the light come on. I then checked the ASRbutton NEXT to it and that didn't come on either ....

Climate control panel just pulls off, don't know about the manual control panel - see here;

well - i "did" the roof reset - it didnt do any kind of automatic, open and close afterwards, so i dont know if I did it properly, but afterwards, both lights now illuminate.

thank you! & happy days!
Congratulations. That's odd though - the rear demist is supposedly disconnected when the roof's open as I understand it (I've never experimented) so perhaps the roof control module 'thought' the roof was open and disabled the demist in the same way it disables the boot opening. A roof reset should fix that. That doesn't explain the ASR though. When you press the ASR switch do you see the message in the display? 🙃

Here's the roof reset instructions for reference.
FIAT 500C Softtop Initialisation.jpg

Last edited:
Back