General argh ! ........ gosh bejingo fiat

Currently reading:
General argh ! ........ gosh bejingo fiat

puntodean

starting to really wind me up now, thought it was a H.I.D. problem so i changed them back to standard bulbs, now they both come on fine and stop going off when i hit potholes but when i put my high beam on my headlights still go off, yet if i flash headlights and highbeam both stay on fine .......... any ideas on this one ???

Mine does this mate.

Just to be clear...you put headlights on low beam, all ok. You pull back on stalk to flash and low beam stays as is but is joined by high beam. But when you push stalk forward for high beam only you loose low beam?

With my car mate (year 2000 8v petrol) if I go to high beam, sometimes I loose the low beam at same time. Other times low and high are on together, clear as mud eh lol.

Really dont know why they do this as I know its not just mine either :)

how uld i check if it was a relay and yea shaun i pull stalk back high and low stay on together but push it back and high comes on and low goes off :/

Pulling the switch stalk back against the spring flashes main beam (regardless of lights being on or off). Stalk forward or back selects main bean or dipped beam - just like 90% of all cars on the road. Simples.

If the lights dont work properly make sure ALL connector contacts are clean and the earths onto the car body/chassis have not corroded. Also check out the headlight relays, but its most likely dirty connectors..

If you need more detail read the wiring diagram.

Back