General Anyone who has fitted an Abarth Turbo

Currently reading:
General Anyone who has fitted an Abarth Turbo

Sorry for putting this in the general posts but i am in need of a VL38/6 or even a VL37 turbo unit. I believe my 38 is faulty and my 37 i took off the car has a crack between the exhaust gas turbine and the wastegate.
I have a wanted advert up in the grande punto section for further details (y)

Sorry for putting this in the general posts but i am in need of a VL38/6 or even a VL37 turbo unit. I believe my 38 is faulty and my 37 i took off the car has a crack between the exhaust gas turbine and the wastegate.
I have a wanted advert up in the grande punto section for further details (y)

Gym Junkie, I have been advised by three individuals that all of these turbos crack between the Turbine and the wastegate, I myself have had two which are cracked in exactly the same place. Apparently you will not find one that after a couple of months has not cracked..

The gaps close up when the unit gets warmer as the cast metal expands..

gym junkie, i have been advised by three individuals that all of these turbos crack between the turbine and the wastegate, i myself have had two which are cracked in exactly the same place. Apparently you will not find one that after a couple of months has not cracked..

The gaps close up when the unit gets warmer as the cast metal expands..

06-09-2011

Sometimes its not instantly obvious, especially if you're super excited that you can actually provide an answer to a post.

The above may come in useful :)

thanks for the reply! even though i later found out it was not my turbo that was faulty (even though all mechanics thought so)
good to know (y)

just for the record...my vl37 hadnt cracked and it was on 30k when i removed it!

Back