Technical anyone tried replacing rear wiper motor with something not original

Currently reading:
Technical anyone tried replacing rear wiper motor with something not original

CaptainZ

Hello,
my rear wiper motor is gone and not fixable ( Punto MK1 1995 1.1 5 doors). Cannot source used or new one anywhere. Anyone tried installing rear wiper motor/wiper assembly from mk 2 or something else ? Maybe Lancia ? Or if you know where to get one anywhere in Europe, please let me know. Thanks !!!!!

Hi :)

Whats dead.. ?

motor.. gears or spindle.??

Some of it is probably easy to swap out

Some wiper motor info here (y)

Last edited:
Varesecrazy - thank you for replying! The rear wiper has been dead since I got the car years ago, but only this year I could not pass the inspection because the guy checking my car did everything "by the book" hehe..... so I took it out... the spindle is rusted solid and the brushes with plastic holder are fried completely (melted). I guess the spindle was blocked and then the motor tried to move but it could not. I am wondering why the fuse(s) were not blown before motor was damaged. I could maybe unblock the spindle with some luck, the metal gears look fine but I am not sure about big plastic gear and small worm gear on the motor.... hard to see if they are stripped or not.

Hi :)

Whats dead.. ?

motor.. gears or spindle.??

Some of it is probably easy to swap out

Some wiper motor info here (y)
this wiper motor/gear looks like this one I have on my punto.....

Look on the ePER parts site

Your part number could well be common to many Italian Cars..

Not sure how many made it across the Atlantic though..?
Thank you so much for the link. I am in Europe now, Punto is used when I am here (Croatia). I just found one on ebay in Italia as well.

Thank you so much for the link. I am in Europe now, Punto is used when I am here (Croatia). I just found one on ebay in Italia as well.
I am looking at the web site/link.... not sure how to use it ??? I can add the motor into the "basket" but then what ? What is the currency ? Where to send the order - to whom ?. Do not understand what to do exactly

Look on the ePER parts site

Your part number could well be common to many Italian Cars..

Not sure how many made it across the Atlantic though..?
>>>Your part number could well be common to many Italian Cars..
I just checked using MM part number TGE 430 B.... it is used only in Punto MK 1, if we assume that TGE 430 X ( X being something else than B ) would not fit....

if you are in croatia, contact me. I have 7 mk1 puntos of which some are for parts. I have everything you may need lol
i'll give you the phone number over PM

As a totally different solution and a way of passing the test, could you fit a universal rear wiper kit, as I recall it was similar to the early Series LandRover type wiper motor but with a longer spindle and extra spacer bushes to adapt to your vehicle. They also used them for speed boats so you may get one through that sort of marine stockist/supplier.
Not as good as original, but if it works and passes the testers eye.;)

As a totally different solution and a way of passing the test, could you fit a universal rear wiper kit, as I recall it was similar to the early Series LandRover type wiper motor but with a longer spindle and extra spacer bushes to adapt to your vehicle. They also used them for speed boats so you may get one through that sort of marine stockist/supplier.
Not as good as original, but if it works and passes the testers eye.;)
Great idea thanks !!!! I was not aware of universal wiper kits.... I was trying to figure out which other rear wiper I could try to fit instead of original. I will look into that. Found used one on ebay (Italy), waiting for it and hoping it will work :)

Back