Anyone tried Auto socks

Currently reading:
Anyone tried Auto socks

I got stuck today on an unforgiving bit of road after seeing a mate in his 109 series 3 make 3 attempts at going in a junction on a hill before making it, Stilo got stuck and they offered to pull me out, but I declined and after donning the socks, we're a bitch to fit as I couldn't drive forward to fit them properly, only wheel spin them on, the car and socks dug the selfs out and left a few people gob smacked, including me tbh as I wasn't expecting them to get me out of the predicament, but just wanted to try them :)

I got stuck today on an unforgiving bit of road after seeing a mate in his 109 series 3 make 3 attempts at going in a junction on a hill before making it, Stilo got stuck and they offered to pull me out, but I declined and after donning the socks, we're a bitch to fit as I couldn't drive forward to fit them properly, only wheel spin them on, the car and socks dug the selfs out and left a few people gob smacked, including me tbh as I wasn't expecting them to get me out of the predicament, but just wanted to try them :)

i thought you had winter tyres?

i thought you had winter tyres?

Yep, and they're great but not infaluable on sheet ice that a few Land Rovers I was convoying had trouble on ;)

I'll upload pic's tonight, but it was a junction in the middle of knowhere, a 120 degree turn back on itself where you can't swing about it one, on a gradient and I miss judged it and got stuck (y)

Sheet ice is still sheet ice, and you still end up on your arse trying to fit the socks :ROFLMAO: :eek:

Yep, and they're great but not infaluable on sheet ice that a few Land Rovers I was convoying had trouble on ;)

I'll upload pic's tonight, but it was a junction in the middle of knowhere, a 120 degree turn back on itself where you can't swing about it one, on a gradient and I miss judged it and got stuck (y)

Sheet ice is still sheet ice, and you still end up on your arse trying to fit the socks :ROFLMAO: :eek:

hope you going to tell the 500 lot:devil:

Back