Anyone advise how much this repair might cost???

Currently reading:
Anyone advise how much this repair might cost???

So the guy had gettin a quote of £1400 to fix. He has messaged me sking if I want to go through insurance or if I can get it cheaper..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-FIAT...0850402?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item338989ef62

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-Punt...2497518?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2c8062766e

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-Punt...4432245?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3f33595575

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-Punt...3547953?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27e27cb431

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-Fiat...9344417?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4179faa821

What a coincidence. He's been quoted almost exactly what the car's are selling for on eBay. (n)

This is the price you pay for honesty these days. :mad:

Even if I can find a door the right colour and get up North to you it'll take a day to swap over and he'll want a courtesy car. :bang:

I'm afraid you'll have to take the insurance hit. Make sure you tell them he was not in the car at the time and there is no possible way he has grounds to claim for any personal injury. £1,400 means the car will be a write off.

There is another option but it may be a tad unrealistic. See if you can find an identical car for less money, buy it and swap.

Sorry I can't be any more help really, but the suspicious value of the quote means he's probably called his insurance already.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
This is the price you pay for honesty these days. :mad:

I'm afraid you'll have to take the insurance hit. Make sure you tell them he was not in the car at the time and there is no possible way he has grounds to claim for any personal injury.

I've had the opposite happen, where somebody had left a note, and paid £300 cash to me,
I've left the "minor" damage.. and the money has paid for a years motoring (y)

strange how they are insisting on Insurance..:rolleyes:
go through your insurance.. make sure you tell them ALL the details..,
you may even keep your no claims if you are straight-up with the facts.

1400 squid to fix a single door, these companies are bringing in some real money by scamming, there is no difference between a new door or mint scrapyard one

as of this time bodyshops are in the main forbidden from using major s/h parts look to pas 125 for guidance

are you aware that one of the reasons the americans bought into ecp was to introduce the use of second hand body panels on insurance repairs?
they are still lobying

blame insurance companies NOT bodyshops

I can borrow some cash if needs be actually yeah. Would it need declared on my insurance for 5 year? It wasn't a crash. It was a bump to the other car. He was parked & not in the car. I left my contact details under his windscreen wiper

Technically yes, but if neither of you have mentioned it to your insurers then they're unlikely to find out.

It is still a loss and liability regardless of if you call it a crash, bash, crunch or accident - so when they ask if you've suffered any 'motoring claims, losses or liabilities' then it does fall within this ;)

I havnt mentioned it to mine. Wouldn't there be any point mentioning it to there's as if they claimed it would be on mine anyway?

1400 squid to fix a single door, these companies are bringing in some real money by scamming, there is no difference between a new door or mint scrapyard one

Yes there is, warrenty for starters. No bodyshop is going to warrent a used part, and quite rightly so!

you may even keep your no claims if you are straight-up with the facts.

Only if OP has protection on their NCD.

blame insurance companies NOT bodyshops

How have you come to this conclusion? Admiral group stipulate in their policy wording that they may use 2nd hand parts on their insured vehicles when repaired.

However as a none fault 3rd party it's more than reasonable to expect new OEM parts to be used. When I buy a new car it's built with new OEM parts, why should I have to accept used (and often pattern parts, with lower quality control measures during production) parts on my car when it's been damaged by someone else?

I know you didn't I was just informing you that I wasn't. If I can help it.
What I was meaning was surely they wouldn't need to inform there insurance company because they wouldn't claim on there own policy? Also they don't have any of my details

I know you didn't I was just informing you that I wasn't. If I can help it.
What I was meaning was surely they wouldn't need to inform there insurance company because they wouldn't claim on there own policy? Also they don't have any of my details

They may still inform their insurer, as like most insurance policies it is probably a stipulation of their policy that they do.

What details have they got if they're able to contact you? Is your contact number they have the same as the contact number on your insurance policy?

Ah right ok wasn't aware that was a stipulation. I have them my mobile number & it's the same one as on my insurance yes. Why?

You know what really peas me off I bet if the role was reverse they would of just drove away without any insurance information for u too claim

Too true unfortunately (n)

Ah right ok wasn't aware that was a stipulation. I have them my mobile number & it's the same one as on my insurance yes. Why?

Your number could be linked on various databases. They're very in depth unfortunately.

I'd wait for now and see what happens, if other person let you repair it then it's unlikely they'll have contacted their insurer and they'd probably have been wanting some more personal / insurance related details by now if they had.

So how could I find out if my details are on those. Or how could they?

Back