Any trials bikers on the forum?

Currently reading:
Any trials bikers on the forum?

I've picked this up again after a 3 year gap :)

Picked up my bike yesterday from Nottingham

It's a 2007 model Onza T-pro with Hydraulic rim brakes. Needs a few things sorted out but got it for a stupidly good bargain!

Needs a new pedal and I think the freewheel is about to explode (bearings everywhere!!) as the stock freewheels are ****e as it is.

It's going to be handy having this through uni as I'm not bringing my car due to costs now. Not worth it when I'm bang in the centre.

30772_395604190985_510150985_4653026_444061_n.jpg

Oh and this is what they are for:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNQ1UNlN_mU"]YouTube- Neil Tunnicliffe -adamant 3[/nomedia]

Having had two attempts at a 'normal' off-road cycling holiday with my workmates (and coming a cropper the last time I was out in a two-mile long canal tunnel) this kind of skill amazes me!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPah-o"]YouTube- Inspired Bicycles - Danny MacAskill April 2009[/nomedia]

:cool:

Love the copper at 3:38 in the original video

So you got your Focus so you get more MPG when your at uni...now not going to use it? :p.

Bike is missing a seat btw ;).

Jokes aside...would love to be able to do trails...but my coordination is crap :LOL:.

So you got your Focus so you get more MPG when your at uni...now not going to use it? :p.

Bike is missing a seat btw ;).

Jokes aside...would love to be able to do trails...but my coordination is crap :LOL:.
Yeah I did, but after a lengthy discussion with the parents we came to the decision that it simply wouldn't be worth it for insurance, diesel, tax etc so I'm leeping it at home instead.

Plus I'll get many more mpg on this :p

i think ill stick to driving and skateboarding

i don't understand how people do this they jump further on a bike then people do with there feet haha

id still love to be able to do it though

I've seen the MacAskill vid before and I love his technical skills....That Tailwhip transfer is amazing!

But the first video is sick....Some of those drops are monsters! :worship:

never been on a trials push buke before but when younger me and my best mate both had trials motorbikes, Beta rev 3 250cc bad boys. they were so much fun to ride and generally mess around on.
something to look at
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrwwfUDpk6M&feature=related"]YouTube- freestyle trial julien dupont[/nomedia]

Ahh you have an onza t-pro :) very nice, when I was 15 I had £200 to buy a trials bike. Looking at all those and they were going for far too much. So I decided to get a second hand custom BMX. Tempted to start it all up again, best thing i managed on my bmx would be a backflip off a bowl :eek: But would love to do jumps and gaps more. So I might think about getting a trials bike when I sell my punto :D Keep it up. :yum:

Yeah, must be one of those 2 things. Or it could do with a re-bleed?

I re-bled mine with water, as adviced by many other trials riders and it's amazing! The lever snaps back very quickly compared to oil.

Maguras are sick when set up properly.

can you still get "monty's rim tar" ?

(guess how i can remember the brand name) :p
Haha. I can't say I've heard of it if I'm honest.

Tars frowned upon though really as it has a tendancy of sticking your pads to your rim and now releasing. Now having that happen at the edge of a massive drop is an awful feeling. Although I like it on the front with **** pads. Makes a god awful sound too haha :p

My friend uses tar on his rim on his BMX. uses plasmatic pads too but he just likes to be safe :D.

I'm just brakeless, could set brakes up mint but they just weren't reliable so they got thrown out. Brakes are harder to do barspins with anyway as you always catch the lever when you start learning (y).

Thanks.

Haha. Tar is lethall!!! Yeah you don't see mnay BMXers with brakes around here, one kid told me it was because so he can't ***** out of a trick at the last min. Made sense! ha

Went on a ride with members from trials forum Saturday.

Was pretty sick, managed to loosen all my spokes accidently riding there so wasn't trying anything too big.

Off Thursday with just one rider to do some stuff though. And saturday.

Back