General Any idea what this part is?

Currently reading:
General Any idea what this part is?

I was checking under my car this afternoon and noticed that the plastic strip thing that runs the width of the car underneath is badly damaged and mostly missing.

Is it of any importance and will it need replacing? If so any idea what it is called and where I can get a new one from?

Many Thanks for any help!

P.S Car is a 1.2 8V Active

Sorry. I forgot to upload the image *facepalms*

Attachments

• IMG_20120218_132433 (1).jpg
    IMG_20120218_132433 (1).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 38
As far as I am aware it is not a vital part of the car.

I believe the only reason it is there is that it scrapes on the ground whenever you go up/down a incline to let you know if you are about it scrape anything more important under the car.

If you want to replace it just pop into your fiat dealer or look on ebay for a breaking Grande Punto there are many should cost much.

As far as I am aware it is not a vital part of the car.

I believe the only reason it is there is that it scrapes on the ground whenever you go up/down a incline to let you know if you are about it scrape anything more important under the car.

If you want to replace it just pop into your fiat dealer or look on ebay for a breaking Grande Punto there are many should cost much.

Thank you very much :)

Any idea what it is called though? Tried looking on Google but haven't got anywhere with that :(

that strip draws air into the engine compartment for cooling. as air flows past it, it moves upwards into the engine compartment.

Back