Antifreeze in Washer fluid

Currently reading:
Antifreeze in Washer fluid

i did it for two winters in my Citroen. full bottle of water tiny amount of antifreeze and it dint freeze and my paint work was fine....

but i didnt give a toss about that car, wouldnt do it with my chinq

Last edited:
i put anti freeze in my ka once :( and it stripped my bumpers to grey, it looked like my KA was crying out of its headlights (the bonnet edges) and out of its bum pmsl

so i did the girly thing, and held my finger on the squirter till it ran out! ha ha

I'd read the Lidl container very carefully. Their own advertising leaflet claimed it had antifreeze in. Having read that I gave the actual product a wide berth.

Mercedez-Benz sell antifreeze screenwash additive which is simply added to the existing water/screenwash in the tank to add antifreeze protection. This would allow you to use whatever screenwash/water you wanted and still have it not freeze by adding some of this (paint-safe). Search eBay for 'Mercedes-Benz Anti-Frost Additive' (under 5 posts so can't post URLs :mad:).

Mercedez-Benz sell antifreeze screenwash additive which is simply added to the existing water/screenwash in the tank to add antifreeze protection. This would allow you to use whatever screenwash/water you wanted and still have it not freeze by adding some of this (paint-safe). Search eBay for 'Mercedes-Benz Anti-Frost Additive' (under 5 posts so can't post URLs :mad:).

What is the active ingredient listed on the bottle as i cant find a MSDS for it?

Engine anti-freeze is for cooling system use only. I have never heard of anyone adding it to the windshield washer fluid here in the USA. The best product here is the Rain-X winter solvent. It protects to -20 degrees F and also adds a bit of cleaner that provides a slick surface to the glass.

The next thing you will tell us is that you add windshield cleaner solvent to the cooling system to keep the radiator clean, and spray oil on the brake rotors to eliminate brake pad squeal!!! lol lol

Back