1439714769465.jpg

Seicento Another yellow Schumacher

Introduction

So after getting my old sei where I wanted it and realising the I cant afford to insure it modified heres the build of my old sei
https://www.fiatforum.com/showthread.php?t=416521

I saw this nice looking schumacher on on ebay with no bids and a few hours left so I had a bid won it and now I've just picked it up and on the way back to Birmingham from London with it

What I didn't realise the car come with full service history up to when it was sat for two years and looks really rust free so I'm happy
Reactions: varesecrazy
I think i was lucky when i fitted my 866 years ago. I just used the spare shims from the doner engine and did my first shim job. Shame my Speedo never worked to see how fast it went...

Maybe one shim is out of tolerance
I have an idea of what my problem could be a didn't check if there was a diffrence in shims for the exhaust and intake and I never checked when I put them so that could be my problem but I will say on a bone stock engine like mine the 866 hasn't half made a diffrence

I remember the clearances are quite important with the cam shims. the inlet And exhaust are different. That will be your problem. At least you know.

So the problem I've got is to be expected really the tolerance I've got between the cam and shims but had a look today and got it all sorted with some help with the old man so tomorrow I'll finish putting it back together and seeing how she runs but for now she's on the driving and looking sorry 1445101157941.jpg

So after not doing anything on the sei for atleast 2 weeks due to weather and other things I've finally got her running an may I add I'm pretty sure this is the bests it's ever run so I'm really happy about it

So tomorrow it's exhaust time getting the janspeed cat back on I will be fitting the p75 manifold when i've mocked up a nice stainless front section from the downpipe to the janspeed

[ame]https://youtu.be/WZ2CL_uC8hA[/ame]
[ame]https://youtu.be/NCwXJAvKzyY[/ame]

Nice! I cannot believe how stupid I was selling my dtm style janspeed from my old Cinq! guy bought it to fit on a Capri our something!

Has your car got a micro ecu? I'm getting the Cento bug again as my x1/9 is put away for winter to work on.

Nice! I cannot believe how stupid I was selling my dtm style janspeed from my old Cinq! guy bought it to fit on a Capri our something!

Has your car got a micro ecu? I'm getting the Cento bug again as my x1/9 is put away for winter to work on.

Yeah its micro ecu I'm missing my cento as not driving it atm :(

Can you pass emissions/mot with the cat removed? I see supersprint sell a manifold for removing the cat. I'm not sure if this has a small cat built in?

No CAT, no MOT.
Supersprint manifold when bought new, has a bridging pipe to connect to the old style under car CAT.
Mpi cars have 2 gas sensors, pre and post CAT and both need to be fitted or the engine light will come on.

So not much going on lately but I thought I should up date the thread with a few things I've got to hand for the sei or making it look nice

So first things first decided I'd trying getting the paint work look nice so simple things first claybar kits and some snow foam
1449437224731.jpg
1449437273272.jpg

And the other things are red seatbelts wanted an set for ages and I was going to buy some but my old mates mate just happened to have some knocking about for when him and my dad had a few cinqs sp he's give them but but I'm going to throw him a drink anyway becuase I'm nice like that
1449437429120.jpg

So after having the sei in the ramp when it was at work the other day I found this lovely crack in the tyre all the way down to the cords so looked like new tyre time so 4 sonars it is 1449762427323.jpg1449762444995.jpg

So not a massive update but just trying to keep myself busy anyway the car got a quick wash and also tried clay barring the car but didn't go so well to get the paint the way I want it's going to need some paint correction and trying to get some of the panels back to there original yellow also got the red cinq seatbelts in aswell 1450641280047.jpg1450641292396.jpg1450641303077.jpg1450641315276.jpg

Looks cool. Its a shame they stopped fitting the red belts to the Seicento. I guess it was just cost cutting?

The rear bumper is a little faded on mine. Also happened on a yellow Cinq I had which was mint. I think it's common.

BTW Have you felt how much the rear headrest weigh?!! ? they come out easily. Depends on how often you carry rear seat passengers I guess.

Back