Technical Another Warning Light issue

Currently reading:
Technical Another Warning Light issue

FAB Cruiser

Hi all,

This relates to my daughters 2013 RHD Fiat 500 (UK spec).

On Friday while driving, the following lights came on and now won't extinguish after start up:

Seat belt light (Red)
Passenger airbag disengaged (Amber)
Airbag (Red)
General fault indicator (Amber triangle with exclamation)

The central locking didn't work at one point but now that has come good after disconnecting and reconnecting the battery.

The battery is a relatively new one from Halfords, although I notice it's hard to get a really tight clamp on the terminals. You have to really torque the wrench!

The car seems to be operating and driving normally apart from these issues.

I have read that a lot of problems like this relate to the rear door (hatchback) having damaged wiring. I inspected the wiring by pulling back the rubber boot from each end and there is no sign of any wear (unless in the very center section that I can't inspect without splitting the rubber boot).

I'd be grateful for any guidance on next steps.

Many thanks
David

Those faults could all be one fault.
A common issue is the passenger airbag switch on the end of the dash, or in the glovebox, but I don't think that will affect the seatbelt warning.
For your list, I'd be looking under the passenger seat. Check the connections. If 'stuff' has been pushed under there, it may have dislodged or damaged the connectors, and this might all give seat and belt warnings.

Thanks for the suggestions. I believe it is one fault as they all lit up simultaneously while driving. My wife thinks it may have happened when she was adjusting the rear and door mirrors. Sockets and wiring under the seats seem OK. Passenger Airbag deactivation is via the dashboard menu rather than a physical switch according to the handbook.
Thanks
David

Back