Technical amp front door speakers

Currently reading:
Technical amp front door speakers

chris9

hello im thinking off adding an amp to my door speakers has any one done this to gp if so help would be very good :D
thanks

you are much more likely to get a better response in the ICE section mate.

however, this is not difficult but does require that you don't overpower the speakers. Fitting the wiring is not that hard as you can follow existing wiring circuits within the car.

By no means a complete answer, but you will get an answer in the ICE section :)

You'd be better served changing the speakers as well, it's not impossible to amp the existing speakers but they're such a low wRMS rating that it wouldn't be worth it and you'd likely end up killing them anyway. The only issue I found was routing the wiring involved drilling holes in the plugs between the body and the door for the additional wiring. It was either that or drill holes in the metal of the door/body and add more grommets, didn't fancy that as getting the drill straight would have involved taking the door off!

There's a guide for changing the front speakers on here, I don't think it has pictures to show the wiring though.

Last edited:
thanks for the advice i have uprated speakers and got an amp to match them so think will be all good there wont be playing them up full anyways just want them to beable to keep up with the sub and will be a bit of fun to install :D ill try find the ice section

try to keep power cables away from speaker cables

the magnetic effect from the power cables can distort sound

will do that think will be all good when i finish it will try get some pics of my set up when finished will get to work on it next thursday :D

yeah i had mine next to each other with my sub got nothing can allways get a ground loop :D

got random rattles from door when bassy raido 1 voices any idear how to stop it i padded the between the doors and tirm?

any one got any idear of the watt of standard door speakers

Last edited:
i read something in a book recommending you to route them separate sides of the car

personally i've always made do with the standard system so i wouldn't know from experience...was just passing it on :)

Mine have always been run together, with no problems.
My cousins mini (classic) was terrible for distortion til he ran the wires on opposite sides of the car.

I believe the standard head unit only outputs 30w per speaker channel, so guessing the speakers are around the same....?...

you guys are awsome :D good advice fast very welcoming to a new usser thank u all think i will get some new tweeters cuz i got my mids but forgot to get tweeters woops lol anyways ill let u know how it gose in a week or so and get some pics and maybe a demo vid :D

you guys are awsome :D good advice fast very welcoming to a new usser thank u all think i will get some new tweeters cuz i got my mids but forgot to get tweeters woops lol anyways ill let u know how it gose in a week or so and get some pics and maybe a demo vid :D
good luck with the install mate.

thanks ian just one more thing has anyone got a good idear of a ground for the amp under pasanger seat ?:confused:

you guys are awsome :D good advice, very welcoming to a new user, thank you all. Think I will get some new tweeters, I have got my mids but forgot to get tweeters woops lol. Anyways ill let you know how it goes in a week or so and get some pics and maybe a demo vid :D

good luck mate!

@iancookie sourcesound have me the same advice also, however for ease of fitting, I chose to ignore the advice lol. I guess it depends on the setup, acoustics, shape of car etc.

thanks ian just one more thing has anyone got a good idear of a ground for the amp under pasanger seat ?:confused:
can you attach beneath a seat bolt? thats gotta be a decent ground as it'll be bolted onto something pretty sturdy...

lads im almost there most wires are now in just awaiting my amp to arrive please be tomorrow
but i was thinking under the pasanger seat do u think the amp will be oky under it jsut looked under it was cables think for airbag? not sure what ya think:confused:

Back