Technical am i missing a pipe???

Currently reading:
Technical am i missing a pipe???

i've noticed there is a place for a small pipe to fit onto my inlet manifold but there is nothing going to it, if i put my finger over the hole when the engine is running my idle goes down. i've circled where it is, there is 3 pipes that come out there but its the middle one that is missing, its a mk1 tipo so its different to the mk2 manifold. can anyone check if there is anything connected to theres?
problem.JPG

It definitely should not be open, should have map signal, fuel pressure regulator, brake servo, egr valve, and some emmission devices. I'd at least block it up.

If you mean the middle one horizontal i should be the vacuum connection for the fuel vapour system, in the 1993 model at least. I'll have a look in the pre 1993 manual for what it says there. I'd block it, it let's unmeasured air in and disrupts the lambda related settings in the ecu. Also will make your engine run hot and gives a bigger chance you burn a valve.

its the one below the one circled, it is possible that i have connected them all up wrong when i changed my engine, i labeled them up but might of got them crossed. it always cuts out when its cold and the head gets really hot. i turned the idel up yesterday and it does not cut out anymore but when it warms up it ticks over at 1000rpm

i've blocked it up now but has made no differents that i can notice, its started back fireing now when hot as well and kangaroos abit sometimes, so something is going wrong:cry: been getting some prices for new bits for the engine that im rebuilding for it but its going to take me a bit of time to pay for it all:cry:

Back