Styling Alloys catching

Currently reading:
Styling Alloys catching

Just put a set of uno turbo alloys on my standard uno, and the front drivers wheel is catching on the axle when on full right lock. I've tried spacers which catch on the left brake caliper. Any ideas on how to stop this much appreciated.
Cheers
Gareth

The modding will start, once my zorst arrives!!

Well, it's a bit late for a reply, but here is the REASON. The Uno Turbo have double ventilated discs on the front. The standard Unos have a single disc. This means the wheels/alloys have a different pressing to achieve the same tracking width, or something like that. I experienced the same problem when I was moving my Ritmo Abarth 130TC alloys (14") onto my not-so-heavy-horsepowered-Uno 1.1i.e.S. The Ritmo is actually equipped with original spacers on the rear.

Anyway, I have not fully sorted out the problem because I haven't tried them on the front wheels, but I think the spacers must be 0,5 inch wide, as on the Ritmo. This will propably make it work (they DO work on the rear on the Uno). I will come back with info when I actually have put them on the front.

This was just for information, so people: Make sure you try your new alloys before you hand over your money, I have some friends that has kind of been ripped of there because spacers aren't allowed on vehicles in Norway - except those with originally fitted spacers, as the Ritmo Abarth.

Morten.

Back