General Alarm Help: Specific Part wanted

Currently reading:
General Alarm Help: Specific Part wanted

Same cost for FIAT to do it, £45 plus VAT. For the same money its not worth me breaking anything else. So its booked in two weeks (y).

Is it my fault it needs a proxi alignment? I've read a number of different guides on here about installing alarms and nobody seems to mention it :confused:

I wouldn't mind giving a lot of things a go with the car, however I tend to air on the side of caution as I rely on it to get to work.

Thanks for all your advice

It is because you've bought a proper alarm system designed for the car which integrates into the electronics already in place rather than adding bundles of unnecessary wiring,

But in doing so all the other components of the system now need to know the alarm is there what it's doing and how to interpret its instructions hence the proxi alignment.

So in short it's all your fault for not bodging in some aftermarket alarm system and potentially causing yourself other problems

A quick update:
Booked car in for Proxi Alignment, car wouldn't take proxi alignment plus there were a couple of other faults.
After over a week of diagnosis they found that I had damaged the fusebox when putting it back in.:bang:

They replaced this at a cost of £212 plus £408 labour and then put tax on top resulting in a bill of £744 :eek: (Almost half what I originally paid for the car itself). That's one hell of an expensive alarm.

The only plus side is that no more keymarks have appeared, and with any luck my insurance will drop.

Obviously I've learnt the hard way but I won't take it to a main dealer again.

Thinking about emailing FIAT about my rather large bill but I doubt it will get me anywhere

I didn't know companies like fiat had a good side?

I didn't bother working out how many hours. I was just rather shocked when they told me how much (as you can imagine).
They charge £75 an hour labour and apparently knocked 15% off the total labour cost to 'try and keep it cheap'!

It's done now anyway. Just need to sort the paintwork and this whole thing will be over with :woot:

Last edited:
Back