General Alarm Help: Specific Part wanted

Currently reading:
General Alarm Help: Specific Part wanted

Hi, I've been looking for a Remote central locking unit for my mk2b punto for a while now and didn't find any.

I have now decided to get an alarm as recently a few key marks (not accidental) have started to appear at the back end of my car. :mad:Hopefully I'll be able to catch the culprit (and with any luck my insurance will come down (y))

The friendly folks at my local FIAT dealership told me what part number I need to look for.

I am looking for a Meta alarm with RCL, part no 46001872

If anyone just so happens to have one lying around and would be willing to sell it I would be very grateful :worship:

Alternatively if someone could recommend a similar after-market device which isn't too difficult to install I would be equally grateful.

Please Help!

Hi, I've been looking for a Remote central locking unit for my mk2b punto for a while now and didn't find any.

I have now decided to get an alarm as recently a few key marks (not accidental) have started to appear at the back end of my car. :mad:Hopefully I'll be able to catch the culprit (and with any luck my insurance will come down (y))

The friendly folks at my local FIAT dealership told me what part number I need to look for.

I am looking for a Meta alarm with RCL, part no 46001872

If anyone just so happens to have one lying around and would be willing to sell it I would be very grateful :worship:

Alternatively if someone could recommend a similar after-market device which isn't too difficult to install I would be equally grateful.

Please Help!

I would say Hawk Alarms would be good as i have one fitted to mine. Gives me remote central locking with alarm flashing LED light. My version doesnt have the alarm but im sure they sell ones that do

Doesn't need to be canbus compatible just needs to make a noise when some one breaks in however if someone is damaging your car externally an alarm isn't really going to stop this?

Not having RCL is a pain but not really essential did you not consider this when you bought the car?

Doesn't need to be canbus compatible just needs to make a noise when some one breaks in however if someone is damaging your car externally an alarm isn't really going to stop this?

Not having RCL is a pain but not really essential did you not consider this when you bought the car?

But not having a canbus compatible alarm means an extra remote and no lights to go with the alarm when it goes off, which isn't really ideal IMO.

For the META you might strike lucky if you ring (or email) FIAT parts departments. They do come up on eBay, but pretty rarely.

Parts dept at local dealership said they can't get them, does this mean just the one branch or all of them. Tried ebay for a few months to no avail.

My last car was a Seicento Sporting and that didn't even have electric windows nevermind RCL. Needed another car as it got wrote off and RCL wasn't top of priorities plus I had a budget to stick to (n).

Didn't even think of getting an alarm because i've never had such problems before. Good point about the alarm, it won't go off unless someone breaks in

More keymarks appeared today. There's now one on every quarter and the boot :mad:
Was going to touch up the first few but now there's too much work.

Thanks for the advice guys

IMG_0587.jpg
[/IMG]

Im soon to decide if i will break my punto or not.
If i do, this + 2x Key fobs are yours for £60.

Cost me over £100 new

IMG_0587.jpg
[/IMG]

Im soon to decide if i will break my punto or not.
If i do, this + 2x Key fobs are yours for £60.

Cost me over £100 new

Thanks! I'm assuming this does the RCL as well. Apparently it won't work on my car if it doesn't do the RCl too, as mine is Key central locking atm.

Do you mind me asking why you're breaking your punto?

Got some rubbing compound and t-cut today and i've started to build up the layers of paint in the scratches. Even though there's still a few layers to go, it looks cosmetically better already :)

Installed the alarm and I've got a few problems.

The indicators don't flash when arming/disarming
My computer (mileage and clock) flashes continuously when the key is in the ignition

I have one cable left over. It is Brown and there is no mention of it in the instructions.

Can anybody help with this?

According to the guy at FIAT the brown cable doesn't do anything

I don't have FES or the cables to use it as this is my first alarm and only my second FIAT. (Not to mention I would probably need some guidance using it :eek:)

Any idea what a FIAT dealer would charge for proxi alignment?

They didn't warn me. If they had I would have considered just letting them fit it

According to the instructions the indicators should flash twice when arming and once when disarming. I'll double check my connections when I get chance. It couldn't have anything to do with the Proxi Alignment could it?

Anyway, FIAT aren't having any more money off me (y). I assume it's cheaper to do a Proxi Alignment yourself?

Is FES free to download and how much are the leads?
Also, how difficult is it to use? Is there a chance I could ruin my ECU? :confused:

If it does work out cheaper I'll just put up with the odometer flashing until I get the leads :D

Back