Technical After market Cruise control

Currently reading:
Technical After market Cruise control

Capuyo i have never heard of any stilo that has the wrong pin designations from M10 to D4a you problem does seem very strange.

Heres a schematic of the way it should be wired up from the D4a to a set of switches. please make sure that you have not over looked anything and get back to us.

CC.jpg

i have known people not to hook up the 12v feed.

also please note that a constant 12v should be given to A05 to keep the Cruise control active and then you should feed A04, A03 & A02 momentarily to give the speed up, speed down and resume signals to the ECU.

The cruise control dash icon will not come on with out you doing a 'Proxi Alignment' with MES, so you will have no idea if the system is active without taking it for a roadtest at speeds OVER 25mph (40kph). You will not need to wire in 'kill' circuits from the clutch or brake pedal as these circuits are already in place.

hope this helps

EDIT:- after a re-read of your issues it seems to me that you are missing the 12v feed. can you please confirm that you have
1) D4A, the brown connector
2) D4B, the black connector that plugs into D4A
3) that you have a 12v feed to Pin A05 of the D4A

Last edited:
Capuyo i have never heard of any stilo that has the wrong pin designations from M10 to D4a you problem does seem very strange.

Heres a schematic of the way it should be wired up from the D4a to a set of switches. please make sure that you have not over looked anything and get back to us.

View attachment 118850

i have known people not to hook up the 12v feed.

also please note that a constant 12v should be given to A05 to keep the Cruise control active and then you should feed A04, A03 & A02 momentarily to give the speed up, speed down and resume signals to the ECU.

The cruise control dash icon will not come on with out you doing a 'Proxi Alignment' with MES, so you will have no idea if the system is active without taking it for a roadtest at speeds OVER 25mph (40kph). You will not need to wire in 'kill' circuits from the clutch or brake pedal as these circuits are already in place.

hope this helps

EDIT:- after a re-read of your issues it seems to me that you are missing the 12v feed. can you please confirm that you have
1) D4A, the brown connector
2) D4B, the black connector that plugs into D4A
3) that you have a 12v feed to Pin A05 of the D4A

I have a 12v direct wire from the battery, through the fusbile to the yellow connector cruise.

The problem is that if the purpose of the brown connector pin (D4A) is to reach the ECU PINS, 53.54, etc. And the awards go to other pins, will this conflict be giving?

Thanks you again.

If D4A pins A02-05 arent connected to M10 pins 53, 55, 56 & 57 then I am unable to help you any further. Im sorry

Are you sure you have the correct pin locations on ecu, I know it can be confusing looking at Pin locations sometimes. I have misdiagnosed airbag wiring colours before now until I triple checked. Im not saying you are wrong just asking if you are absolutely positive.

Yes man iam sufre, forma that i need people with esome Jtd115cv with BOSCH 0281011396, 04/03/03 for kwon if he pins too in other number thanks

Yes man iam sufre, forma that i need people with esome Jtd115cv with BOSCH 0281011396, 04/03/03 for kwon if he pins too in other number thanks

hi Capuyo,
ive managed to get a couple of hours spare to have a look at this for you. eLEARN is showing the following for your vehicle build date
CC 03JTD115.JPG

M10A
Pin 77 Violet is the ON/OFF signal
Pin 38 Green is the RESUME signal
Pin 78 White/Red is the DECELERATE signal
Pin 56 White/Orange is the ACCELERATE signal

i hope this clears things up a little for you... let us know if this works!

Seeing this, then, what use is my brown connector? Is there a mistake made​​?

the brown conector D4A isnt listed in the wiring diagrams but is listed in the 'component' listings.
comp list.JPG
What colour wires do you have at D4A Violet, Green, White/Red & White/Orange?

when fiat built the stilos (x) amount were destined to have Cruise Control and (x) amount not.
the D4A connector is the part of the loom that was built into the vehicle at the factory to allow cruise control to be fitted further down the production line. some of the vehicles that were destined for cruise control never ended up being fitted with it because the customer did not order it.

if the customer did order cruise control, then a loom was fitted that had D4B at one end and H7 at the other H7 plugs into the cruise control stalk module that would have been fitted to the steering column.

Last edited:
If but D4B cables go to a site that is not? strange no? hehe
I go to the garage to see if these pins you tell me are free or busy and connector confirmos brown colors, but the pins will not you tell me in the scheme. If I remember correctly connected to the ECU, I can break it??

Blue&red
Yelow&blue
(That two continue to connector)
And die on first connector:
Violet&Yellow
Green
Orange&white
Red&white

About pins you sayed me:
PIN 78 Busy.
PIN 38 go to brown connector D4.
Other two clean.

192 42ACA is ECU.

Last edited:
need some help on this i have gone to do this today but the weather has holted me. I looked around but could not find the connecter so went under the engine bay and lifted the fuse box and found a brown connecter but it has something plugged into it when i trace the cable it goes into the wing does anyone know what this i will try and get a picture of it when the rain stops

Is your car a JTD? Is there an oil level message on the dash when you start the car?

The wires (assuming its two exiting) is for the oil level sensor. (y)

I would advise leaving them there (although i don't know what would happen if you didn't) and taking the wires you need away from the connector if possible.

Hello,

Can you tell me how you made ​​the connection with the 12V source , and i mean how you do it(cut the cable,splitter, where you put the fuse) not from where.Some pictures or drawings would be helpful.

thanks in advance

Hi,

I took the 12V from the ignition, so what i did was cut the cable in half.
I put a cheapy chockblock on one end and then put the other half of the cut wire plus my wire to the stalk in the other side. Screw down. Done.

You can put an inline fuse, which you can connect with either a soldering iron or more chock blocks to the cable going to the stalk

*flame suit on* I haven't fused it at this time though, not had any problems *flame suit on*

hello,
I installed the cruise control thanks to you but I have a concern it does not work.

But when I press the brake pedal and then but I turned the key in position on , i can turn on and turn off the cruise control lamp lights up and goes off correctly

But when I loose the brake pedal nothing does not work.

I'm sorry if the problem has already evoked was but I'm french so
I admit that I try to read all the pages but I did not understand much : - *

Back