Technical Adjust Xenon lights for europe

Currently reading:
Technical Adjust Xenon lights for europe

EXCEEDENGINEERING

need some info,

Planning a jaunt to Europe over xmas !!

problem is my Bravo has Xenon Lights,so the stick on crappy beam deflectors dont work.

Since most of my driving is going to be done at night i dont want to risk getting pulled by local Police in every country !!

some posts mention that the lights have to be switched from RHD to LHD on Fiat computer ??? no doubt at major expensive.

Anyone know if this is true or another way round it ??

Cheers

The "stick on crappy beam deflectors" didn't work on my Stilo with original HID Xenon lights either.

I cut triangular pieces of sticky back plastic (Blue Peter?) and experimented to find the correct position to attach them so as to block the light kick ups. It made the beam horizontal on dipped beam. Pictures below of mine on the Stilo, but the actual positions will probably be different on your Bravo.

Attachments

• PICT0434.JPG
    PICT0434.JPG
    677.7 KB · Views: 12
  • PICT0433.JPG
    PICT0433.JPG
    676 KB · Views: 20
I always use the eurolight stickers on ours when I go away. Never had any issues doing so. They are not the HID lights, though I dont see why you couldnt do similar with them?

To get the right position for them I just park infront of garage door with dipped beams on, then move the sticker around untill it blocks out the offending extreme part of the beam, then stick it there.

I have been abroad around 10 times now, always using this method, drove at night and never had anyone flash at me....

(Oh and I found that you only need a sticker on the passenger headlight, the drivers headlight beam doesnt go into the offending area)

I always use the eurolight stickers on ours when I go away. Never had any issues doing so. They are not the HID lights, though I dont see why you couldnt do similar with them?

As the OP and I posted above, they don't work on original HID lights. I tried EuroLight stickers but couldn't find any position for them on the lamps that would cut off the kick ups. Phoned EuroLight, who told me that despite the instruction sheet saying they are suitable for a Stilo, they're not suitable for Stilo HIDs. So probably the same for Bravo HIDs.

Last edited:
Im guessing the Bravo HIDs have clear polycarbonate lens covers...

If that is the case then you will be able to find the offending part of the beam (might need a larger sticker though to cover it all).. I can see with your lense type cover it would be difficult!!

I had clear polycarbonate lense covers on my previous GTA with HIDs and the stickers worked fine. (At first I purchased some beam deflectors from Alfa and they were simply covers with square black patches on them!)

Re: Adjust HID lights for europe

Im guessing the Bravo HIDs have clear polycarbonate lens covers...

They're not. They're propper Projector units.

So in theiory normal beam deflectors should work. RobW what do you use on yours (I know you haven't got HIDs but just interested).

My Bravo (with factory HIDs) spent half it's life in Germany before I purchased it, and the previous owner used stick on deflectors, I assume without issue, but it might have just been for show.

I've heard on the grape vine from someone in the vehicle design business that to pass european type approval projector HID units (as fitted to the bravo and that majority of HID kitted vehicles) there has to be a leaver inside the unit to enable the kick to the NS to either be reversed to kick the opposite direction, or to produce a completely flat beam. Not sure just how true this is though, but something I'll be looking for in mine before my trip to Germany next year.

Failing that, just use black insulation tape, as long as it stops the light kicking up to the NS then you should be ok. It's what everyone I went to Germany with done last year.

you might be able to get away with adjusting the 'height' of the headlghts from the switch on the dash?

but they might be auto levelling if they are HID :confused:

As you've said, theyre self levelling, no options to adjust the levels at all.

this is the firs time I see something like that, you would get pulled for that sticker not because of the light :)

Back