Technical Adding a addtional alarm fob

Currently reading:
Technical Adding a addtional alarm fob

johnny130

Hi All, I have a 2005 1,1 panda but i currently only have 1 alarm fob for it. I believe its a TOAD alarm & I have managed to get another fob. Does anyone know how to pair or add a new fob to the current alarm or is it easier to get a replacement at this stage due to the age of the vehicle ?

Try thier live chat

Probably will need the model of the alarm

You will probably need the PIN code, might be on a sticker on the original key

Here some generic instructions from around 2010

To enter PIN code:

1, Switch the ignition on and off twice quickly then turn the ignition back on within 7 seconds;

2, The LED will now flash rapidly for 3 seconds;

3, After the initial 3 seconds the LED will flash once a second;

4, You now need to count the number of flashes equal to the first digit of the PIN code then turn the ignition off when the correct digit is reached (Turn the ignition off immediately after the initial 3 second rapid flash to obtain a 0 digit);

5, Turn the ignition back on and the LED will flash green for 1 second. The count the number of flashes and turn the ignition off again when the number of flashes is equal to the second digit of the PIN code;

6, Repeat for the third and fourth PIN digits;

7, If the PIN entered is correct then the alarm will return to disarm mode when the ignition is turned off.

Now you can add new fobs:

1, enter the PIN number as above:

2, Turn the ignition back on and press button 1 on the new fob - this links it to your alarm;

3, Turn the ignition off and leave it off for at least 25 seconds so that it exits PIN mode.

Try thier live chat

Probably will need the model of the alarm

You will probably need the PIN code, might be on a sticker on the original key

Here some generic instructions from around 2010

To enter PIN code:

1, Switch the ignition on and off twice quickly then turn the ignition back on within 7 seconds;

2, The LED will now flash rapidly for 3 seconds;

3, After the initial 3 seconds the LED will flash once a second;

4, You now need to count the number of flashes equal to the first digit of the PIN code then turn the ignition off when the correct digit is reached (Turn the ignition off immediately after the initial 3 second rapid flash to obtain a 0 digit);

5, Turn the ignition back on and the LED will flash green for 1 second. The count the number of flashes and turn the ignition off again when the number of flashes is equal to the second digit of the PIN code;

6, Repeat for the third and fourth PIN digits;

7, If the PIN entered is correct then the alarm will return to disarm mode when the ignition is turned off.

Now you can add new fobs:

1, enter the PIN number as above:

2, Turn the ignition back on and press button 1 on the new fob - this links it to your alarm;

3, Turn the ignition off and leave it off for at least 25 seconds so that it exits PIN mode.
Thank you for your help. Its a 2003 panda ( doh ) do you know where the alarm is located on these ?

Start at the begining

We are in the dark as to what we are dealing with, post some picture of the keys would clear thing up

1.1 I guess it's an active ?

If so it's originally came with two manual keys and no remote

The transponder is moulded into a key like this

Screenshot_20240501-110639.png

There is no separate immobilizer as such, the transponder has to be read by the body computer and engine computer to start

These keys can be cloned for around £35+ although Timpsons now charge £65

Both keys will then open the doors and start the car

The I doubt a 1.1 would have a factory fitted alarm .

Remote opening was an optional extra, again not on the active

But would have a key like this
Screenshot_20240501-110907.png

These need pre programming, cutting and adding to the body computer, Usually around £250+

This key can be cloned into the key with the red background for £35+ but you loose the remote opening function

If you only have one key to open the door and start the car and loose it. You are in the all keys lost senorio, call out and so on,cheapest I have seen is £135 but most will be twice that

A toad alarm would almost certainly be aftermarket fitment

Back