Technical ABS faulty/ EBD failure

Currently reading:
Technical ABS faulty/ EBD failure

erbitrude

Hi, sorry if i should be posting on an existing thread, but i cant find one that fully describes my problem.

I recently bought a 2000 1.9 JTD ELX, and it is currently flashing an ABS faulty warning during the initial check, and then when i start the engine it is coming up with EBD failure, turn off engine.

Neither the ABS warning light or the ! light are lit on the panel, and the car starts and seems to break fine.

I have had a garage look at the braking system, and they say that there doesnt seem to be a problem with the brakes, and that i would need to take the car to FIAT to get them to have a look.

Does anyone have an idea as to what it could be? Thanks.

Charge the battery (y).

When I bought my Multipla, it had the same EBD / ABS error warnings ittermittently, and I almost didn't buy it. However the garage charged the battery, the errors disappeared and have never returned (2 years later).

I hope this helps me and please let us know how you get on.

Obviously these messages are important safely errors and you may not have the same problem as myself, so if they persist I'd suggest taking it to a garage.

We had this our fault when we first got our JTD Multi. It turned out that the alternator was in the process of dying, however on the plus side it has been absolutely fine ever since.

A quick way to check if this is the case, is to get a multi meter, and pass the prongs over the + & - terminals. If the alternator is goosed, then the reading from it while it the engine is running will be more or less the same as when it is not running. The reading in this case was between 11.5 and 12 volts. Once the alternator was replaced, it was reading 14v when running.

I hope this helps you in your quest.

JamesAtthews

Back