Abarth Steering Wheels

Currently reading:
Abarth Steering Wheels

Drift_Limo

Hi there,
I will first confess that I don't own a Fiat.. I actually drive a fairly serious car set up for drifting in an Nissan Cefiro.

Now Nardi Wheels are very popular in the drift scene because of their simple shape and lack of thumb grips etc (good for when the wheel is spinning through your hands).

I would like something a little different in the form of an Abarth wheel. Is it possible to buy these new? I have done quite a bit of searching and come up with zilch.

Inputs muchly appreciated:)

lol..

Umm what is 'splies'? :eek:

I've seen a heap of different styles. was under the impression that they could be bought seperatly?? I've seen a few on pommy ebay for silly prices, also am able to source one through an importer if any pop up on ebay japan. This rarely happens though, and usually not the style I'm interested in.

Does anyone know the official Abarth website?

Yeah I have a Momo boss.. Bolt pattern looks to be the same??

So it is possible to buy a new Fiat with Abarth options?

I'm guessing you mean the sort of Abarth wheel Aaron (J333EVO) has on his Cinq and Intergrale. They are not available new but they do come up on ebay from time to time but they are pretty rare/expensive. Momo have just re-released one of there old designs which is quite similar.

Yeah i have original Abarth wheels on both my cars, one is original from eth 80's and was an optional extra, the other is a new one made in Italy to the same design as the old one i have.

Couple on Italian Ebay, first is nice but lacks teh all important centre push

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Volante-steer...9QQihZ015QQcategoryZ33704QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2nd has centre push but doesn't look like a real Abarth wheel, no markings on it

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/fiat-600-D-vo...1QQihZ017QQcategoryZ33623QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

but then it is from same seller as this so coudl be as markingsvisable on this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/fiat-500-F-L-...1QQihZ017QQcategoryZ33623QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Tha was justa quick search, if you spend the time going through Italian ebay proper and german ebay you tend to find stuff that most of teh sellers will post to UK if you ask.

Aaron.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Cheers for the input.

Yum.. That first one is pretty much exactly what I'm after, unless there is a simular style with a deeper offset available?

btw I'm in Australia.. Better ammend my profile.

Drift_Limo said:
lol..

Umm what is 'splies'? :eek:

that was a typo, its supposed to say splines. splines are the grooves on the steering column shaft that you fit the steering wheel to. most abarth wheels wont fit onto a boss kit, they are designed to fit onto a fiat spline shaft. when you fitted the boss kit to your car the shaft you pushed it onto would have been a certain shape (hexagnol on nissans i think). most abarth wheels wont fit onto your shaft or your boss kit. so make sure you dont get one that wont fit. you need a steering wheel that will fit onto your boss kit (most universal ones like momo) or onto a standard nissan shaft (only nissan wheels really).

Back