Abarth 600e Press Release

Currently reading:
Abarth 600e Press Release

Released tonight possibly as it was spotted and leaked earlier today while on a photo shoot

The new Abarth 600e with 240hp making it the most powerful Abarth yet
No

Attachments

• IMG_2428.png
    IMG_2428.png
    538.4 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2429.jpeg
    IMG_2429.jpeg
    486.8 KB · Views: 71
Nailed the Italian press release down to a T...

Especially the "Extensive braking system" also the top shot is what exactly? To my eye looks like brown pants lift off oversteer 🤣

Also top marks for a colour inspired by a post puncture effect..

Re-reading that press release today, I noticed the use of American English spelling. Makes me wonder if this version will be heading to the US market, also?

Re-reading that press release today, I noticed the use of American English spelling. Makes me wonder if this version will be heading to the US market, also?
I hope so. I’d really like to see Fiat do well in the US market. Given they have been present for the last decade since the Chrysler acquisition, I’d say that was a key part of Peugeot’s interest in the Stellantis merger as joint resources for development of new models like this stand a better chance of appealing to US consumers.

Outside of the big ‘trucks’ they drive, actual US brand cars are undoubtedly more bland and worse quality than any modern Fiat. I think Fiat has a chance to appeal to car buyers there. Especially in cities.

If they can deliver better EVs than the domestic brands in America too (shouldn’t be hard with the exception of Tesla). I’m sure they can build better EV cars than Ford or GM there.

This is nice looks, has the power. Should appeal to a trendy urban consumer with a bit of cash looking for something different and a bit of European flair.

Fiats challenge there (and Peugeot for anybody there who even remembers them) is overcoming all the jokes and cliches about being unreliable, or too small and unsafe etc. I really hope these incoming models can change that.

Apparently (for the time being at least) Fiat has stopped all sales of new cars in the USA as they were unable to compete. They sold only 160 cars across the whole USA in 2022 which prompted them to stop sales all together.

I suspect the use of American English is largely irrelevant most spell checkers and grammar checkers correct to American English now, it may be a corporate decision to use American English because of other interests such as Jeep still selling in North America. Bear in mind this is basically the same car as the Jeep avenger and it may make more sense for them to introduce a hot Jeep using the same motor set up.

Grammatically...I'd not be surprised if it's an Italian press release fired through Google translate hence the American English.

Screenshot_20240209-163254.png

Last edited:
Grammatically...I'd not be surprised if it's an Italian press release fired through Google translate hence the American English.

View attachment 437960
I’d probably be inclined to agree.

As for abarth, I can’t see it surviving as a separate brand to Fiat, they are selling the same Fiat cars just with an abarth badge, so why not treat it more like “GTI” or “AMG” “Brabus” or even “alpina” the badge which denotes it is a hot Fiat and not try to pretend it’s some how a different car/different brand. That way when you look on the configuration tool on the website, the 500e could also include the option of an abarth rather than having to go to a different website to find out that information.

Doesn’t make sense to separate them so much

I’d probably be inclined to agree.

As for abarth, I can’t see it surviving as a separate brand to Fiat, they are selling the same Fiat cars just with an abarth badge, so why not treat it more like “GTI” or “AMG” “Brabus” or even “alpina” the badge which denotes it is a hot Fiat and not try to pretend it’s some how a different car/different brand. That way when you look on the configuration tool on the website, the 500e could also include the option of an abarth rather than having to go to a different website to find out that information.

Doesn’t make sense to separate them so much
Maybe they will (eventually)? What we all would probably agree with, is that Fiat really do need to up their game - especially in the UK.
Hot hatches always have sold exceptionally well in the UK market, so who knows the Abarth 600e might be the car to do it?

But that said I bet the car will be over £45k... 🤦‍♂️

Back